🗳 VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - November 17

It’s that time for you to weigh in on the maps you want to see in the next 1v1 Ranked Map Pool! Here are FOUR of the SEVEN (total) maps that will be showing up in the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4
ARABIA ARENA CENOTES GOLDEN SWAMP

Now it’s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) maps that you’d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on November 17!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2020-11-15T20:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: November 17

COMMUNITY VOTE: 1v1 RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Don’t forget to click the ‘Vote now!’ button at the bottom of the post once you’ve locked in your choices.

• Four Lakes
  • Hideout
  • Lombardia
  • Mongolia
  • Nomad
  • Serengeti
  • Socotra
  • Team Islands
  • Yucatan

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this week’s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

4 Likes

Yeees, let’s go! BTW, shouldn’t this toppic be fixed @anon63664082?

1 Like

Does this mean that the balance patch will be also on 17?

4 Likes

No, that never happens, the patch will be dropped before that for sure.

Before that? Or after that? (●´⌓`●)

1 Like

Before map rotation

PS: I’m Anxious

1 Like

⊙﹏⊙

Much better map pick from the devs this month. Even the voting maps are almost all very good.

I would like to see some love for Nomad again. It is quite a while ago we have seen that map.

5 Likes

Looks like Jex beat me there it.

1 Like

For months I wrote this under most map vote section, but again:

Hideout and 4Lakes ALWAYS get voted in when they are up for vote. (Which means, like this time, we are only really voting for one map to be included because spot 1 and 2 are definitely going to those maps).

By now it’s completely clear that people want to play those maps. Just make them permanent!

For example: give up one of the Dev pick spots and just have it permanently for 4Lakes and Hideout (changing between those two maps every 2 weeks).

8 Likes

Green Arabia should be back

3 Likes

i second this :)))))))

You’re so lucky to get 2 of your favourite maps :smiley:

If I may ask, What maps would you vote for if you didn’t have to vote for 4 Lakes and Hideout? And what’s your opinion of Arabia and Arena?

oh yea nice rotation, without nomad forever, same 3 maps! (sarcasm)

1 Like

No, that is not my point. I am not saying that Hideout and 4Lakes are my favourite maps!

They are statistically the most played maps after Arabia and Arena and I believe they would have a similar playrate as Arena if they would be implemented permanently.
They got voted into the mappool every single time possible since they implemented the voting system…

And there are very good reasons for it. They are both maps that can be played in a competitive manner but with a completely different meta compared to Arabia. Other Civs and build orders are effective on those maps.
But I am not going to spent too much time learning the meta for those maps if I don’t know they will still be playable two weeks later…

2 Likes

More love to Socotra. Really fun map

2 Likes

Yeah but they really need to remove the stone from this map.

Now that we can select a favourite map, I see no reason to limit the Map pool to 7 maps. Something like 12 maps with 9 votes and 3 dev picks would make for more choices for the players.

1 Like

People voting here doesn’t even represent 10% of the players. Hell, maybe not even 5%.

What people want don’t be clear until we have an in-game all-language voting system

4 Likes

I agree. At least there should be a link to this map voting featured prominently in the main menu of the game (or even better the voting should be in-game).

However, as I mentioned those maps (when they are in the rotation) have high playrates. (I check map playrates regularly on aoestats…)
-> meaning people select to play these maps more often then other maps (whether they voted or not…)