šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! 1v1 Ranked Map Rotation - October 05

Many 1v1 players just vote for all the standard open land maps.

Devs you really need to stop with this system, there are less than 100 voters per map and thousands of players being forced to play these maps, doesnā€™t make any sense.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Around 700 voters every time, while daily peak online on Steam is above 20 000. That is 3% of player base at best (more realistically less than 1%).

Iā€™d prefer to have fixed weekly map rotations. Arabia + Arena + 5 maps. Create 5-6 disjoint sets of 5 maps and rotate them every week (or 2 weeks). Without any votes.
Currently same maps win vote every time. And it becomes repetitive.

3 Likes

First, the bad answer for a bad question :

why does ghost lake have only 44% ? i would expect is somewhere higher, itā€™s just good mapā€¦ can someone tell me why they did not vote for it ?

Now a constructed one :

ghost lake is a land map with somewhat standard resources. Itā€™s basically old arabia with easier walling, and some sheep in the center.
I voted for it because i like it. And i like it because it is still close to another not-arena land map game.

1 Like

There is an entire tournament dedicated to 1v1 Nomad at the moment with sizeable sign-ups. I do not know why it would be less popular for 1v1s.

1 Like

How can we know, like in days of advance, when the next voting is going to be?

I miss this once by a day and I definetly wanted to vote for Scandinavia

it is approximately every two weeks. next one will be a few days before October 19.

1 Like

I think its a fun map and great for brittons. The extra sheep are cool and i like the winter atmosphere.

nomad its not a separate game mode, it would kill it, if people votes for it, there is no problem to get it in ranked

because itā€™s pointless to add it. there isnā€™t any strategy ghostlake offers that isnā€™t already covered by the rest of these maps.

the only map in this rotation that offers something we havenā€™t played tens of thousands of times is archipelago, and that map isnā€™t even particularly good

why should I even bother playing this month?

these maps all do the same thing and cover the same tiny portion of the game. the only difference is how many walls people will make. that isnā€™t exciting. what makes aoe exciting is all the different resources and units and technologies, not whether walls cost 20% less or 20% more

thereā€™s so little of aoe2 gameplay with this map pool. if a map doesnā€™t support all the civilization bonuses and have a use for all the units in the game, it should not even be an option for standard ranked games

this isnā€™t aoe2: definitive edition
this is aoe2: dumbed-down edition

Nah, players should just pick civ on those maps :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m excited about Archipielago :slight_smile:

The infantry change this patch is a pretty big deal. On a map like ghostlake with the extra sheep it would be entirely possible to send forward 3 vills to build a barracks or even stable or 2 and sneak attack while using the extra sheep to build resources into a foward tc castle base. Options are there you just have to try them.

Iā€™d love it if every rotation one map gets put in that would never get voted in and therefore never played competetively, like city of lakes or nile delta etc. Could be fun to spice things up

why are you asking to put in the pool a map that never gets voted ? the point of the vote is to play on map that players want to play, meaning maps they vote if they can ā€¦

Because there are people who would play a wider variety of maps beyond the 5% that gets voted in each time because itā€™s just a popularity contest. Itā€™s really a self-reinforcing system, where people can only play what a majority votes in, and as a result keep voting for those same maps because ā€˜those are the maps they are used to playing on.ā€™

And yes, Iā€™m aware that I can make lobbies. I frequently do. But playing those maps competitively should be possible too, because right now only 10% of all maps see play. Itā€™s like the Grand Prix being held only in Monaco because itā€™s the most popular track (idk), screw all the other tracks.