šŸ—³ VOTE NOW! Team Game Ranked Map Rotation - January 12

With a new year, comes another new Map Pool. Vote now for the the first Ranked Map Rotations of 2021! Here are SIX of the NINE (total) maps already coming planned for the next map pool update:

MAP 1 MAP 2 MAP 3 MAP 4 MAP 5 MAP 6
ARABIA ARENA BLACK FOREST LAND NOMAD PACIFIC ISLANDS SCANDINAVIA

Now itā€™s your turn to vote for the THREE (3) additional maps that youā€™d like to see join the pool. Of the options below, the three that receive the most votes by Sunday will be added to the map pool on January 12!

:white_check_mark: VOTING ENDS: 2021-01-10T20:00:00Z

:white_check_mark: NEW MAP ROTATION: January 12!

VOTE: TEAM GAME RMR

Vote for your 3 favorite maps! Donā€™t forget to click the ā€˜Vote now!ā€™ button at the bottom of the post once youā€™ve locked in your choices.

• Alpine Lakes
  • Continental
  • Gold Rush
  • Hill Fort
  • Lombardia
  • MegaRandom
  • Mongolia
  • Socotra
  • Water Nomad

0 voters

Thanks for participating in this weekā€™s poll! :white_circle::black_circle:

2 Likes

only 685 people chose?

Please stop this stupid vote.

and use whole map list(u can see it in single play)

1 Like

if you want to play with the whole map list, then play single player or unranked games. there are a lot of maps out there that are just blatantly imbalanced one way or another to use on ranked ladder.

for all the complaints you have about towers, you would hate a lot of the maps the map pool would bring if we allowed all of them. youā€™d also see a lot of people quitting games because of it.

You mean like nomad? The outcome of that map depends so much on where you build your first TC which is mostly based on luck, I might as well just play Russian roulette.

Also why not do these votes ingame? A lot more people would participate, especially more casual players because right now mostly forum users i.e. hardcore fans decide which maps should be played.

okay this forum has maybe 50 to 100 people active on it for aoe2. theres some others who show up from time to time, but if youā€™re talking here day to day, that is easily a very conservative estimate. and yet this vote got 675 peopleā€¦
so it seems like thatā€™s a bit bogus of a claim to me.

These numbers also look bogus to me

1 Like

really? how many people do you see post day to day on these forums? remember, your claim was hardcore

You must differentiate between people who actually post on regular basis, people who post on occasional basis and people who never post but only read. Especially latter is usually bigger than the rest.

AoE 2 DE has a daily peak of 20-30k simultaneously online players. We see 675 voters. I donā€™t need to be Einstein in order to conclude that these votes do not represent the player baseā€™s wish and that these votes need to be done ingame and in larger intervals because people grow tired of voting every 4 weeks.

3 Likes

your words were

the hardcore fans who post on this forum number only around 50 to 100, we donā€™t see more then that post any given day.

and my point was that only 50-100 people post here in any sort of ā€œhardcoreā€ amount.
so to say that 675 is only the hardcore posters is BOGUS to me.

Would be awesome to have this poll in-game!

When are these changes applied? I expected they would be during server maintenance, but we still have last weekā€™s ranked maps. :upside_down_face:

Normally around the time you posted this. You might be just a little bit impatient by asking here. I havent checked, but i assume the new maps much be live now.

Yeah they were live like 1 hour later! :smiley:

Having an announcement with clickable link in the awful home screen in-game would be a good idea. Put it where the Barbarossa Brawl thing has been for the last four months from Thursday-Sunday when voting is active every other week.