We have detected that you are running unsupported driver

Hello,

need help… when i try to start the game i get a black screen for a second (as if the game was trying starting to load) but then it closes and i get the " unsupported driver" warning.
I have a AMD Radeon HD 6800 serie grafic card. I know its an old card and they dont realease new drivers anymore. But i can still play other fairly new games on average or low grafic settings, so AoE4 should i least let me start on low settings…

The crazy thing is, when i remove all grafic drivers and start with only my onboard grafic i actiully can start the game and come in the main menue. It has so much lag that its unplayabel, but the game runs.

Any ideer what i can do?

Having a similar issue - get this error message on my Bootcamp-ed Mac. Game gets to the initial loading screen, hangs for ~20 sec and then just quits.

Ok - OP following up for posterities sake. For those with a bootcamped mac do this:

Apple Boot Camp Software Graphics Drivers | AMD

Go to this link download the program. Use the Radeon Software program to update drivers. It will update once, but that isn’t enough - make sure that everything is totally up to date. then use this program to launch AoE IV. Works for me now and doesnt crash.

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem. I found one way out, but it doesn’t suit me. It is possible to run the game using the processor. Using the DirectX Control panel program. But you need a powerful processor, there is a video on YouTube how it is done.

Devs, pleas do somethig.

It makes no sense that the game doesn´t run on an older grafic card, but it runs on the cpu alone when i deactivate my grafic card…

i take bad/low grafics all day, but let me play the game… sice its its a digital game bound to my acount i cant even sell it… its a missery…pls help

i use:

Windows 10
AMD Radeon HD 6800 serie grafic card
24 Gb RAM
Prozessor Intel(R) Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz,