We need a new revolution for the Swedes

So if you think that so many things need to be added to the game, you have to add them all. Why discriminate? Why should Africa, which many people have been expecting, should be consumed only as a dummy civilization of the campaign without being completed?

Well, the original and DE devs certainly felt a need to have them.
Perhaps because they recognized that a game purely based on Colonial Warfare would be limited to Musketeers, Skirmishers, Light Cavalry and Cannon, saved only by Native Allies.

It would be the most boring game in existance.

No one thinks so. To think that way is like saying that there is no difference between British and French civilizations.

And those units are but not limited to:
Longbowman, dopplesoldner, uhlan, war wagon, ruyter, cassador, strelet, cossack, oprichnik, janissary, abus gun, spahi, and most mercenaries, and any upgrade like “tercio”, “bostanji” or “Pavlov grenadiers”.

In that sense even Americans seem to be a better choice than them.
Disclaimer: I don’t like their adding an American civ for now.

European colonization is interesting enough and can lead to a lot of stories in it, but you rather argue that American colonization is the only game concept. Rather, aren’t you the limiting the concept of the game?

Because (1) it takes time to implement things (2) even if you implement everything, they still come in sequential order.

Disclaimer again: I don’t like their adding an American civ for now.

Yes, rather delete everything. What I want is a story of European colonialism and the natives who resist it. The rest is what makes the game fun, not the theme of the game.

Game never had that story, it had the Fountain of Youth instead.

You are looking at the wrong game.

Nobody ever said “American colonization only”.
And this is what you’ll get for a “global colonization” game.

Developers are refusing to create games on the pretext of taking time. The TAD was actually produced in less than a year. Nonetheless, each civilization has its own individual building design and unit model. Was it because they didn’t run out of time? What did the developers of DE do until the game was released?

1 Like

No you meant deleting them. Not me. Why should I be responsible for it?

Yes, so it’s no wonder that either Germany or Ottoman appear in AOE3.

You claim that so you are responsible for your claim. If not, why do you keep refuting it?

So why are you contradicting your own logic then?
You want a colonial game. Fine. I’d follow that. That’s what you’ll get for a colonial game. Why are you unhappy about it?

Because they already broke the “colonial theme” from the very beginning?
They do no more colonization than Swedes.

Germany had colonies and Ottomans had colonies on other continents in the form of subordinate states. Why did they have nothing to do with themes?

1 Like

Sweden had some land in the German lands. Maybe put them instead

Hey guys, I just found this topic unintentionally.
Please come visit my new post.
@ArrivedLeader22 I just found out you already mention the awkward of US, please allow me to borrow it.