WE NEED RANKS AGAIN!

Hello Everyone ! Something that at first sight just pissed me off was that the rank system was gone and i’m not talking about PR. I’m talking about the ranks that we used to have like being called “Captain”, “brigadier” or “major” for example when we used to reach a certain level.

I think this would be very simple to implement and would add more spark to our competitive spirit.
If you reach a certain ELO then you can obtain a cool title that perfectly represents your level because we must admit that just ELO numbers doesn’t motivate you enough to keep trying.

I don’t know if there’s already a thread about this but let’s keep asking for this !

38 Likes

totally right , name of ranks was one of the best things of the original aoe3, being a number is not so funny

12 Likes

Yes, Absoulutely yes.
In Japan almost every player want the rank to be back. Not the casual Rank.

6 Likes

You can maintain the Elo system for ranked matches, and give the titles to unranked matches (which are in a way also ranked)

3 Likes

I said this in another post, but it definitely resonates with what you all have said:

They should keep the ELO system for ranked matches, but bring back the legacy ranking system for casual games.

2 Likes

ELO is not bad. The old game had it. They can keep both systems but in ranked rather than unranked

2 Likes

Bumping to make this possible

8 Likes

Devs, please add this to your backlog or at least tell us if it will be ever implemented or not.

2 Likes

I think the ranked ELO games should just be eliminated entirely and put all the games into the current casual lobby browser and bring back the old rankings from ESO with matching rank symbols

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with elo. The problem is there is no categorisation / grouping of elo. A good compromise would be to create a color system where borders on a players avatar denotes there elo.

Example:

No color = <1100 elo
White = 1100-1300
Yellow = 1300-1500
Orange = 1500-1700
Dark Green = 1700-1900
Dark Blue / Purple = 1900+

How cool would it be to load up to a match that indicates your elo as well as your opponent?

This also might fix the issue of where you hover over a players name in a lobby and that pop up box just says loading

1 Like

What?! That would be terrible, I play through the ranked search exclusively and have no desire to deal with casual lobbies.

1 Like

Then they should allow you to search regions in ranked. It’s really annoying that my elo and win rate keeps dropping because I lose connectivity because they match me with players from who knows where

That sounds more like your internet connection is having issues. As DE uses a dedicated server for multiplayer matches, you are not connected to the other player directly like in original AoE3 and so it should not matter where they are from; they cannot affect your connection.

I can say from my experience this hasn’t happened to me a single time since release, I never lost connection except when my internet died, no matter whether I play with Asian/European/American players.

2 Likes