What about the old civs?

Yeah but if they are upgraded after the guard musketeers and cassadors it’s not wort it…

I think that this wouldn’t break the game onestly…

The Cannon Elephants is grossly OP. Indians also have Sepoy abuse, and should actually get nerfs across the board.

It is not needed, however. Ports play with Cassador + Dragoon, and that is fine.

Yeah, but it’s bother me that the xbows are the only unit without the 2 last upgrades for at least a civ, and that there is an upgrade that isn’t used.

I think it could a good change, of course with the right adjustments…

2 Likes

You have Brits for that, they get Longbows, which are basically very similar.

Well, yes and no… it’s kinda saying that guard and imp upgrades for Spanish pikes are like halbs, they are still 2 different units.

1 Like

But Pikes and Halbs are different units in AoE3, while Longbows are just a UU version of the Crossbowmen, just like Cassadores are a UU version of the Skirmisher.

That Spanish don’t need a buff? You’re kidding?
Spain has always been a civilization of infantry but of gunpowder, not melee.
He has many units but they are all bad, the only good ones are the spearmen but in third.
Anti-Britain? hahah only in reality.
The rodeleros are useless, they need a buff.
Everyone thinks they need a buff except you so don’t be silly.
I’m sorry for my bad English and not being able to express myself well.

1 Like

The game is based a bit on history.
All civilizations are well focused except Spain.
For example, they should remove the upgrade from the Portuguese Musketeers and give it to the Spanish Musketeers.
Another example would be the Russians who have a bad economy like Spain but cheap units. I think they should have brought out cheap Spanish arquebuses from early game.

1 Like

The tercio are not just pikemen.
A third is made up of pikemen, rodeleros and musketeers.
It also doesn’t make sense that a third-improved pikeman can’t beat a currasier when he’s his counter.

1 Like

I said it is based a LITTLE on history

Haha okay, it’s not based on anything
Please go to sleep and tomorrow you read history of Spain and you will see who dominated the modern age.
Spain humiliated France by defeating its cavalry, so Napoleon later took revenge.
Even Sweden, its revolutionary and invincible army until it faced the Tercios. Read and learn from the Battle of Nordlingen.
But above all those who humiliated the most were the English. Read and learn from Blas de Lezo.
How he won all the sea battles against the big and expensive English ships haha.

1 Like

The same can be applied to you :wink:

Effectively Tercio ceased to be dominant power after the battle of Rocroi as you might know.

Other dent in your wall of arguments is the fact that Spain did not exist at that time, right? It was a personal union of Castile and Aragon, right? And are you sure all soldiers in Tercio were “Spanish”? Weren’t they recruited also in Sicily and Sardinia?

British Empire was a naval and economic superpower. Their land power was not so great :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know Spanish Tercios, they were the best Infantry in the world from the late Renaissance to the Early Modern Period, but we were not talking about Tercios, we were talking about why Spain in the game is a Melee civ, the game is not historically accurate, and if it was then Spain must auto-lose to Britain.

Spanish Tercios were also smashed by the Dutch Raiders, the Portuguese Quadrilhas, the Ottoman Janissaries, and the HRE mercenary armies A LOT of times.

You only know Spanish Legend, not actual History.

Ther Brits should have let Napoleon keep Spain.

In the Modern Era, Naval power was far morfe important than Land power, as evidenced by the Portuguese, Dutch and British empires, and how wealthy they became while also avoiding expenive Land wars.

1 Like

Nope, in fact, the first Tercios were made of Swiss and French mercenaries.
The very king of Castille did not trust Spanish troops, and wanted his familiar Austrian-style unit compositions.

1 Like

Does it means British can improve its Population cap to 225?

no, pop cap is still 200

There is a way to resolve doubts…

First game AoE3 DE: Spain vs England

I would like to see the greatest number of changes possible in the old civilizations.

IMO spain is by far the weakest civ in AoE3 Asian Dynasties.

Why? Read first.

1. They get shipments faster and need less EP to get them. That make them more strong early and midgame! Its Ok if this bonus dont belong to lategame. BUT, if somemange manage to get 200 wood without destructing own strategy or else this bonus gets useless. Its like enemy negate your bonus from the start.

2. Rodeleros need more base attack and slightly better HP, also they need 15 siege damage and not only 10. In the other hand tercios are still decent, but need wood/-food eco.

3. You can only build one church, thats OK basically. BUT, to get the missionary buff ready you need minimum 5-6 of them to feel tthe combat advantage vs certain civs. Also they cost wood and trained slowly. To train 10 of them cost a lot of time. I consider they should be able to train only 3 of them but for a higher gold/food-cost. So you can start making them in fortress Age with a decent economy to deal with enemy strenghts. Also give enemy a chance to catch them I would also consider to make them a bit slower.

4. Their eco is weak. British and Dutch can outmanage lategame eco of spain while they are in midgame (Fortress Age). I don`t understand why spanish players have a hard fight to manage gold economy… come on, they had the spanish fleet to travel to native civilisations for gold raids. They need improvements at exact that area.

Think about that they can’t even send the 1000 gold card… da logic.

For me in the other hand they have a very nice unique unit: Lancers, which can destroy most infantry units in the game. Good amount of HP also decent siege damage. This unit is nice to have. I love that unit. Also I don’t bother on myself that they don’t have home city cards to improve gunpowder units. Their skimirshers are still nice + buffed with missionaries they can be the best in the game. They should have the conquistadore from AoE2 (and no I dont care about AoE2 and Im not a crybaby from their community) but it is unlogical that they don’t have one of the most devastating unit in the colonial Age. This is the unit which can improve their gunpowder section aswell, they should delete dragoon and put this unit as a powerful alrounder but really expensive unit.

For those gendarm spamers… this unit must be nerved away. Also russian opri box is overpowered. The japanese should not have the best musketeer in the game. Brits belong to them. daimyos are OP, they have to much HP they can be replaced with a wonder. They can train units everywhere and faster. They do decent damage etc… japan and french civ must be nerved.

Germans are the weakest Age II/early-game civ. Xbows cannot match musketeers in any way. Also everybody knows that you try to raid you with uhlans and try to get to fast fortress age. Also nonsense.

2 Likes
  1. New trainable foot archer unit that use the traditional Turkish composite bow at the Ottomans barrack. It would have only veteran upgrade like the common crossbowman. Turkish archers had played good roles in battle of Lepanto.

2. New trainable pikeman unit that use “yari”, the traditional Japanese spear, at the Japanese barrack. Like the longbowman, it could change the name into “Jumonji yari” and have guard and imperial upgrade after shipping a special card called “Rokumonsen”. Samurai could be do the halberdier’s job and have no change, or be more stronger and be moved to the castle for reflecting its noble status.

3. American and Asian Home Cities could also be dressed.

That will be exciting if the above can come true.

2 Likes