What can be done to salvage AoE4?

I would put more varied fauna and flora, more varied civs, campaigns with naval and amphibious battles, that you can recruit mercenaries and build bridges similar to how it happens in the campaigns and a lot more…

2 Likes

the winrate is almost ideal, the incorporation of new civilizations can already be established but first the cooperative rankeds are urgent, which is what most interests the average casual player, and not forgetting the rework of the sea, I think that a totally balanced system would be the solution, that is to say that the Urca is available in feudal age for certain civilizations it will not work, as in land units, of castles in feudal, in short that opens up for pending debate

1 Like

These are no the guys who created DOW, homeworld or COH, these are the guys who made DOW3, the most simplistic, boring, dull and MOBA RTS ever…

1 Like

Thanks Drumsin, it’s nice to see someone else who loves the game and is looking forward to how it unfolds - clearly there is huge investment in the AoE saga and I’m sure great things will be planned. Map development sounds so fun, I wonder if I can try that as well…

Yes for sure more could be done with naval campaigns - AoE II, Conquerors Expansion, had truly epic naval campaigns and also brilliant forest fighting - the Black Forest here is also pretty good and means you can stand on walls in a meaningful way :slight_smile:

I think AOE4 needs by far more developers in order to salvage it. The development speed must be much higher. I think the developers do a good job. But they are just not enough people.

1 Like

Yep this is the way.
I, like many others, tried AOE4, and very quickly went back to AOE2.

When it comes down to it money and playercount are the only things that will actually get the attention of developers.

I’m sure at this point Microsoft have realized they messed up based on the playercount of AOE2 to AOE4. Hopefully they either start taking things seriously with AOE4 (one can dream amirite) or more likely, we hope they learn from their mistakes with AOE5.

2 Likes

Yes, and the worst thing is that it is the secondary team of relic, since the main one is doing coh 3…

1 Like

Of course, even aoe 3 had maps with water in the campaign, although it did not need it, but at least you could have amphibious combats and on black forest, the European dlc of 3 DE also put it and has an interesting turn since it has natives, then you can use several strategies in between …

Is that the main team is developing coh 3, when they launch it to the market, they will be able to focus at last on aoe 4, although I fear that it will be late by then…

Unfortunately for us, in our world today, we cannot hire those willing to offer a portion of their one and only life to work for pennies & passion on improving the things that they love, otherwise I’d say that they should find such people and put them on the job of improving this game. One can only imagine the possibilities.

Of course, but that is that they decide to make an aoe 5 in the first place…

Potential has,the issue is that they are running out of time, if this year they do not announce one expansion for aoe 4 and many elements of QoL, the game dies irremediably…

I am going to help you here…

Nr1) you are using the attack abilities completely wrong.
I can tell because you talk about dancing units.
Use attack mode (hotkey A) and right click in front or behind the enemies you want to attack.
NOT right click an enemy, because than your whole army tries to kill this single target and ignore the rest.
Keep in mind, that you want to use right click on units with for example archers or springald to snipe speciffic units.

Nr3) use the attack mode attack ground (can’t remember the hotkey)and attack the spot where the castle is.
You will not see the damage, but it will deal the damage. This also works with units on the ground you won’t see.
Use a scout to find out if the castle went already down or not by sending him into the stealth forrest.

Nr 5) build scouts or horseman to torch the tower. 7 scouts you can use to go professional scouts afterwards, or 10 horseman you can sent into the enemy base to kill villagers.
No value lost.
Keep in mind to make archers first if the watchtower is defended by spearman, to deal with that before you sent in your horses.

Gl HF

Thanks for ur advice, I stopped playing for a short while I may give it a chance.

I slightly disagree with the horseman and scout though as 10 horseman costs 1000 foods and ur enermy can prepare for it comfortably meanwhile u r taking the tower down. In addition mongol is likely to tower u with spears as well so Idk if this can counter it effectively.

1 Like

How do u know?……….
……

Left click. I really wish they’d sort out the left/right click distinction. Right click would be a lot more logical!

3 Likes

They don’t, they’re just making stuff up. There are people on the Age IV and DoW III teams that have been at Relic for years.

1 Like

Lol, at this point Quinn D was the only vet working at relic and he left, I haven following relic since long time ago and I was partly of relic forums, you are the one that don’t know what you are saying, this is pretty well know… None of the devs that work in down or COH work at relic anymore…