What can we do about the quick wall mechanic?

No. If you are unable to deal with enemy quick walls, then the skill problem is yours, not mine.

There are tons of ways to deal with quick walls. e.g.

1. Pre-mill drush. 2. Archers. 3. Attack in 2x different places with your scouts. That’s three already just off the top of my head.
5 Likes

Quick wall deal with it super easy.

Also quick wall do well.

Depends on civ and map and didn’t slove the main problem

I think it seems that you actually didn’t understand what I mean by quick wall, did you? The building foundation being able to block units instantly or units can not do that big damage against it is the main problem, this thing need to be sloved.

I am also curious about your ELO and your level since you keep talk about skill over and over again. I am 17xx in 1v1 what is your level?

I actually currently experiment with some civs to make an extended pre-mill drush FC buildorder.
With Aztecs it looks pretty smooth, but also mayans can do it quite well.
With poles I still look for a good folwark eco transition.
Teutons might also be possible with the cheaper farms.

I think this can be really cool new strat cause it counters the standard fast feudal builds quite well.

about the thread: I don’t think quickwalls are a problem in the current meta.

3 Likes

Sorry, but you give answers to early walling, no to quick walling.

He is not asking for nerfing walls in general, or turtle play style.
He is complaining about last second quickwalling that is in a way unfair, because you, as the agressor, plan an attack, ejecute it well but you can’t do damage because a last second qw which have not any strategic skill.

In some situations QW is funny, yes, but I think is an exploiting too.
Another exploit with foundations is the stopping of boar’s attack.

I acept quickwalling but It wouldn’t bother me if would be nerfed.

2 Likes

How exactly can you stop archers with quick walls?

Dude… obviusly archers are out of this discussion… quickwalls only affect melee units… At least do you understand what are we discussing here?

4 Likes

Why are you excluding archers from the discussion though? Archers is clearly the answer to quick walls and every civ has archers. Even without archers, if you are the aggressor pressuring the quick walls with man at arms, you are still forcing idle time, making them spend wood repairing, blocking their new villagers from taking that resource since they are walled out and just generally disrupting the enemy build. You guys on here acting like quick walling is OP and has no counter.

4 Likes

QUICK WALLING IS GREAT

Skill element

3 Likes

Quick walling is ok that I never bother about it. In particular I never think quickwalling by me or my opponent has any effect at all (done by me - i can prob wall 4 seconds earlier because i am quite good at scouting and predicting unit movement, done by opponent - meh 1 vill don’t affect much, strategy choice still matters alot)

In 20xx elo range in case you wonder

1 Like

Why everyone reply like I am talking about the walls in general? I am not talking about the wall more then the building’s foundation, which is the main problem.

The building foundation quick wall is just like a bug or like exploit, it is a toxic thing to be in game. It is like the old building scan, mangonel delete, and scattered trees removing by building foundation, etc.

This thing being able to block units instantly and units barely do damage to the building foundation. The building foundation should get like -10 melee armour or they shouldn’t make it able to block before 33% or give units bonus damage against it.

I don’t see how my reply made you think it was about walls in general…

1 Like

Wait, is the OPs only justification for eliminating the quick walling mechanic is because it’s annoying? 4 Realz??

I can’t begin to describe how many times I’ve had to lay down a 10 tile long wall and have a villager partially build each part of it in order to keep out a knight raid that would’ve destroyed my economy and lose me the game. You say it’s annoying, well it’s supposed to be annoying, just like spamming bombard towers is annoying, creating a death star with your scorpions is annoying, and using archers to hit and run is annoying.

But that does not justify the elimination of these mechanics from the game. You’ll have to come up with a better reason other than that it pisses you off.

Edit: Plus if you were to eliminate quick walling, players would just do it with a different type of building that isn’t a wall. Such as a house.

1 Like