What cause China weak in the early game? A: Northern Refugees. (balance suggestion)

Chinese question is Weakly against cav and no Boom ways.units amount I think OK!But.No Musketeer and Dragoon.It’s bad for in 1v1 game ways

I dont disagree, it was a bit of a all focused all in, he had a bunch of other shipments he could have sent if he had built some houses. I think he was trying to meme it up a bit.

This will not work against standard play, but MDS does have its value in age 2.

1 Like

If you think so, it might be right. So how about developing and applying that strategy so that it can be used by many people?

1 Like

or

There you go. 1v1 ready.

Here are some sample games for like china age 2 builds, I only recently managed to break 1400 so its not going to be great

In terms of BO, the rough idea is to go villager ->300 wood and then get a castle or another building forward ( also experimenting with 2 village build where you just build one of them forward early) then just spam units from there. Ideally the building is a castle and I build keshiks while sending xbows. Consulate go german first then switch to brit.

My age 2 usually goes steppe ->xbow → either 700w/pike/MDS → hitpoints/mongolian scourge(depends on if there is a cav response) → your choice

Deck wise this is the one that works so far, its flexible and people cant really guess what I am doing from it.

Matchup wise I dont have a good record against france and japan. Japan requires less pressure and more hunting down the monk which is a bit difficult. France probably doable I just need more practice and they tend to go early cav which makes it hard.

ChinavsOtto.age3Yrec (3.1 MB)
ChinavsFR.age3Yrec (2.6 MB)
ChinavBrit_04.age3Yrec (2.7 MB)
China vsJapan.age3Yrec (10.8 MB)
ChinavsInca.age3Yrec (4.7 MB)
Chinavsjapan.age3Yrec (3.7 MB)
chinavslakota_2.age3Yrec (2.9 MB)
China vs prot.age3Yrec (5.3 MB)
Chinavs Spain.age3Yrec (2.3 MB)

1 Like

I also just realised that there is a very power niche for flamethrowers in age 2 china, mostly because I just lost not realizing it lol

Its the ultimate anti- advanced scout rush unit.

1 Like

I think give Chinese Mongulian Army more playing Chance!

Personally I think the only buff China actually needs is one from ESOC Patch:

Make the Russian alliance Blockhouse cost 150e instead of 200e. This gives China more flexibility by giving them easier access to Mongolian Army and Black Flag Army in addition to the usual 6 War Academy armies.

China can replace War Academy with Blockhouse with Fortress play (you will naturally reach the total 250e required while aging up) or with the Good Faith Agreements card for colonial play (reducing the 150e Blockhouse cost to 90e) that allows to plop down the Blockhouse soon after reaching Colonial age. Of course this additional flexibility comes with the penalty of skipping British consulate (no 7% HP bonus and no musketeers which China finds really useful).

1 Like

I think that works, the castle always has the limitation of only being able train cav so it was always hard to balance mongolian and standard/old han armies so you also need a war academy which is a lot of wood. Making GFA more viable as well which helps to get the other consulate techs china wants.

Also now that Blockhouses also add 10 pop its great value.

Yeah, I like it for exactly that fact - flexibility and using underused stuff. GFA becoming more viable would just be a small side-effect, as GFA probably wouldn’t be sent in an FF build.