What do I do against a flood of elite war wagons?

I just lost a battle against koreans with as far as I’m concerned infinite war wagons. What I mean is my entire base was erased before the entire war wagon army even came in, so I don’t know how many the opponent actually had. At least 60, that’s for sure.

I saw on the wiki that they’re “cavalry archers” so I tried making skirmishers but they barely did anything to the war wagons. I’d need like 30 skirmishers per war wagon, so I think I’d hit my pop cap before I could do any meaningful damage to their army.

rams and halbs, you can add skirms too. Their reload rate and frame delay is long so re-targetting from rams to halbs takes away a lot of their offense

1 Like

Skirms still deal a decent amount of damage to war wagons (6), but war wagons have 150-200 hp, so thats still 25 shots. I think the biggest downside of war wagons is that they don’t stack. They are extremely bulky. On the one hand that means that they will be rarely hit by a devastating onager shot, on the other hand it also means that they cannot really outmicro the onager very well. In addition heavy cavalry should work reasonably well. War wagons have no melee armor, so they should fall fairly quickly against cavalry with their high pierce armor.

WW are more resistant to skirms than the usual CA, so while mix in some skirms doesn’t hurt, alone they can’t win.

Halbs have a huge bonus vs them, if you can encircle and jump on them, otherwise onagers and hussars/knight-line could work decent.

Which civ did you played?

1 Like

Camels, halbs and siege