What do you think has been the misoppurtunity in AOE2 by not introducing certain campaigns?

I don’t think the dev would ever remove a campaign unless they release the game for a fourth time, especially since there’s an achievement for completing it.

2 Likes

Yes, I think they should have changed it already with the launch of 2 DE in 2019… now we just have to wait for Belisarius to be included in some dlc with Vandals, either in RoR or AoE 2…

2 Likes

Vandals fall into a very delicate time period that AoE 1 and 2 seem to overlap on.

Practically, they and other peoples such as Goths, Huns and Franks actually caused the Dark Age, and either transitioned or helped form the Early Medieval (Feudal Age) kingdoms.

The historical bounds are very muddy in AoE 2, where you have both Goths, Romans and Italians, which the former two lead to the latter.

Unfortunately, Vandals were scattered and assimilated into regions where we have Sicilians, Byzantines and later Spanish territories.

A short-lived reign can be explored in AoE 2, but it overstays its welcome on the historical no man’s land between the 2 games.

Yes, maybe at some point they will put them dividing the Carthaginians (RoR) and Berbers (AoE 2) in Vandals… although since the Vandals faced Belisarius, I see them more in AoE 2…