What do you think of the new USA explorer skins?

¡Developers please!. If it is a temporary event such as the balloons that marked the birthday of the game that is fine, but if it is to be permanent, please be true to the story. Very well designed as always, but completely out of place.

7 Likes

I love the new skins! They’re fun. I think it just adds to some of the innate silliness that the game already has and am excited to have my explorer be an astronaut! If you guys don’t like the skins, you don’t have to use them.

4 Likes

You are definitely right. If they wanted to give “fun” skins for the Hero, they could simultaneously give 1-2 thematically matching the game. If they did, I wouldn’t blame it that the USA civ would have more skins than the rest of the civs.

At least they could have given a Major Cooper skin for the Hero.

2 Likes

Except i want to use skins for all my explorers, including US, and while we have historical figures and models in the game, the general will be dressed as an astronaut or a halloween costume. I know this game has an expanding timeline, but not up to 1967.

2 Likes

We can have a 31st century Alien civilization that starts with 9 shipments, on a Gotham city map, with 32-range Sigourney Weaver Musketeers, Battle Squirrels riding flying hippopotamus cavalry, submachine guns mounted on walking siege sunflowers out of the Artillery Foundry and there will still be people in favor of it because “at least we are getting content”. :expressionless:

If you are fine with anything you wouldn’t mind that the skins remain the most “lore-wise” as possible, since most people would rather have fair content and reasonableness.
The devs need a honest and reasonable feedback to where they should go with content because that’s how both the community and their companies can make the best out of it.

If you guys don’t like the skins, you don’t have to use them.

I’m happy they are making Explorer skins for free and I’m glad they are creative. I’d be ok with that skin as long as it’s visible solely to the user.

4 Likes

For Mexico:

Please don’t turn AOE-3 into a fornite RTS.

Mining for the Lakota and Haudenosaunee civilizations is a historical error, but an astronaut is not … (?)

Please clarify if this is just an event or if this is something that can be used permanently.

12 Likes

The problem is these fun skins are being released ahead of historical outfits/ real-life people options for hero explorer.
It’s not Fortnite - AoE was fun like that 20 years before Fortnite was released :slight_smile:

PhotonManDE
Nuke Trooper | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

Winset's_Other_Z
Winsett’s other Z | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

I like when it’s for temporary events like gift-like supply drawers. But I do not think it is good that it is a skin for permanent use.

Separate game modes can be made where memes are used such as activating cheats and the like, but not in an average game or competitive game.

One day has passed and I got the joke: you have an astronaut that can plant a flag.
Moon map teased.

That’s a fair point. I’d have “normal” skins first before getting easter eggs like this.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with extra skins but historical skins first before alternate timelines.

obraz

A screenshot showing the skins for the Hero Poland-Lithuania civ has been leaked.

12 Likes

I hope it’s just a little joke that we laugh at a lot. Because if not, it is the game that would become a joke.

Enough we have with some AOE-2 elitists who make the game look bad by all means possible.

The chapulín would be a good trap unit. XD.
I hope I don’t see it in a ranked game, but it would be fun to see it implemented.

1 Like

To be fair, I 100% support the inclusion of ONE joke civ, so long as it’s deliberately kept a little bit weak, on-par wit the Ottomans or India, for example.

I’m already dreading the Cristiano Ronaldo skin for Portugal.

8 Likes

Ip Man skin for Chinese explorer ftw.

2 Likes

No bullfighter (torero) for Spain…respect at animals

2 Likes

Melhor Zé Povinho :smiley:

1 Like

I kinda like it tbh, as long as it’s just explorers and we have options. The Aztec ones tho are really cool.

2 Likes

Thats probably the nuke trooper or the Laser man from age 1 cheat I think.

I find it funny

1 Like

Britain explorer skins src=http___dingyue.nosdn.127.net_CpuE3mNJYY2J5U5JgmkTbrTUtlKvnvDNTBrPPFXKnURSg1557311964330.jpeg&refer=http___dingyue.nosdn.127