What do you think will be the next pair of civilizations after the Malians and Ottomans?

Yes, thanks for correction.

First you dont have to be an expert in something to argue about it. Second, if you dont even know if its true what you are saying that why keep argueing?

But its very much hindsight you are using for this. Protestantism is not the first offspring christianity in the HRE. Catharism existed in Italy a few centuries earlier. In fact here is a short list of Christian faiths practiced in the HRE before protestantism:

• Waldensianism
  • Hussite religion
  • Neo-Adamites

As long as the religion is not officially accepted and seen as a heretic religion, then its simply not a division yet. Otherwise you could have picked any of the other religions within the HRE pre-reformarion. Its with your modern knowledge that you know what Luther would set in motion, but then it wasnt. Luthernism became an official religion within the Holy Roman Empire in 1555, so any date prior is just hindsight you are using and I would argue is anachronism.

2 Likes

Why?

For me, Aztecs do not really fit into AoE3, because of timeframe

Aztecs did not have Siege weapons and Navy, but was military power in its time

There is a potential to make very unique civilisation in game with Aztecs

1 Like

Because they might be too complicated to design considering how hard they might be to create and not to mention. the devs wants the game to take place only in the old world.

I think adding the Ottomans civ and Malians civ for free will show us two potential new regions for future DLCs - Africa and the Balkans.

1. African DLC - Ethiopians civ & Moroccans civ
  2. Balkan DLC - Byzantines civ & Bulgarians civ

It is quite possible that they will announce such DLCs during the AoE Anniversary Event.

1 Like

why do you take things the way you, take them?..

Ottomans are designed to be a entry civ for AOE3 players (viziers, aoe bombards, free stuff) like English is designed to be a entry civ for AOE2 players(early farms, dark age maa, keeps producing units).

Every civ doesn’t have to be a creative masterpiece and be similar to non other, some civs might serve different purposes like welcoming new players as the two civs I gave you as an example do.

You might not be fund of design of a particular civ that doesn’t mean it’s the product of Devs ignorance or
 hatred

My friend I will see you when your favorite civ is released. I wonder will you accept your fav civ which devs make? I dont think that you wont accept something about your fav civ and open and whine something. That is so normal for the players I dont like Ottoman CÄ°v about
1- Some landmark Choice and landmark buildings that I have opened a thread about that. Ottoman landmarks are worst in the game with proofs. Devs have made awesome landmarks for each civ but Ottomans dont have any good.
2-Devs choose Seljuk landmarks for Ottomans and devs dont give horse archer to the Ottomans. That is so absurd. Double Minaret Madrassa and Sultanhanı Trade Network are bad copy of their real ones. There is no effort to make these landmarks.
3-Jans are useless when you watch the pro videos. Also Sipahi are bad. Knight unit isnt belong to Ottomans. Knights should have been named as Sipahi and Sipahi should have been named Deli Cav.
4- There is no unique techs of Ottomans. When I play Rus, you have many chooses about Tecs but Ottomans dont have. I dont accept vizier points as tecs as are Rus getting reward when they hunt the animals no. This is the mechanis of Rus.

1 Like

We do have to remember that this still does NOT justify the Horse Archer being a unique unit for the Rus because Age of Empires IV is supposed to have more realism than the previous games and the realism stuff definitely means that the Horse Archer needs to be a shared unit because many civilizations used archers on horseback historically.

1 Like

Bryzantines and Japan PLEASE!!!

3 Likes