What happen to AOE2 DE

game is doing well, more people happy with it than unhappy, as said earlier, steam stats prove how many are playing!

Im happy with the rate the devs are patching the game, even if i complain a lot about various issues (like workers idling )

1 Like

Still can’t see games in the lobby lol

Great game! Maybe I’m lucky, but I didn’t experience desync. And omg, i am playing on my 4+ years old laptop with 880m with so many mods and i get stable 120 fps!!! This alone makes me give a huge respect to the devs!!! The only somewhat better responce was voobly, but except voobly, this game has been the most stable aoe2 for me on my Laptop!!!
And there are updates, if you don’t understand nowadays money-driven world, specially in the gaming industry then it is your problem… otherwise you would actually appreciate what the devs do!
P.s. only i would be happier if they remove the censoring, but it’s fine xD i just play with my 999 taunts :grin:

That’s probably because of windows 10 and xbox app btw. Log out of ur xbox acc in game, stop the cross-play setting and try play few games like that if you can find. After that should work, or u need to check ur xbox app, services, etc…

You would generate a great deal more credibility for yourself and your cause, if you would keep it polite and not ‘hide’ behind the moniker of constructive criticism, if you call it ‘garbage’ in the literal same sentence.

Nobody here is trying to talk away the weaknesses of the game. Currently it has many, starting from pathing issues and for same players problems with lag, lobbies and the devs attitude towards showing ELO. These are issues, that should be handled accordingly, but none of these are gamebreaking in any way or form.

That this game hits the player numbers it currently does is a testament towards everything definitive edition is doing right. Please keep it civil.

4 Likes

I will look for the cross play setting but I am not logged into Xbox in aoe2. I have actually tried both logged in and logged out of Xbox. Doesn’t seem to work… Will try again…

The game just broke its record for concurrent players yesterday :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

The plural of parenthesis is parentheses. Also, quotes don’t use parentheses. Parentheses are these symbols: “(” and “)”

That aside, not everyone in the world has English as a first language… and some people may not care as much about or be skilled as much in language; just like how everyone doesn’t have the same math skills or interest in math. Plus, ad hominem strategies don’t add much value when trying to discuss a topic.

The game definitely could use improvement on a number of things; some of which you pointed out. I had lag on a server once when I let the game auto-decide my server. Have you tried to manually specify a server that’s near you? Doing that worked for me in that instance.

I’m thinking single-player AoE gaming probably isn’t your thing, but AoE2:DE does have a lot of single-player content, including “vs. AI” matches, that works pretty well; if you’re willing. You could maybe do that for a while (or more frequently than MP) as the issues get more ironed out over time? There’s also AoE2:HD (2013) still available to play in the interim, too, if you already own that.

3 Likes

Hey… Really weird. So I REENABLED the cross play and I started seeing games in lobby again!!!

1 Like

Uhm… I got a question… how are sp stats updated? I played some games and want to know everything about battles?

https://steamcharts.com/app/813780#3m

If by “less and less” you mean “more and more”, then yes. Hit record of 28k on steam yesterday :smiley:

2 Likes