What improvements should AOE3:DE have?

Qing was established since 1636, covered the most of AOE3 era, it’s all about the history and nothing about hatred. In the fact, China in the game is basically the mix between Ming and Qing.

It’s better to suggest that add some card like “Shenjiying” in the Fortress Age for improving the cannon units, “Green Standard Army” in the Colonial Age for 1200 coins cost and shipping the 8 ChangDao Swordsman and 2 Hand Mortar to all the allies, “European Commanders” in the Industrial Age for 1500 coins cost turning all Arquebusiers into Redcoat Musketeers and shipping 2 Organ Gun, …, etc. Just make China more close what it was in the history instead of changing it totally. You can send messages to me in Mandarin if you want to discuss these. Haha.

2 Likes

Now you got me curious. I don’t know much about chinese history (brazilian here lol), but i would like to know why you have this felling towards the Qing dinasty.
Is it because of their crazy “mandate of heaven” thing, or some kind of eastern imperialism going on in asia?

Han Chinese, or Han, are the major (over 90%) residents in the modern China, and the Chinese History is just almostly the history of Han Chinese, so when you call the Chinese people, you are calling this ethnic, basically.

Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) was establish by Han Chinese after they fought back the Mongols Yuan Dynasty. It had became hegemony in East Asia over 200 years, also plays the enemy role of the Vietnamese campaigns in AoE2. Then, It was invaded by Manchu people from the Northeast Asia in 1644, who are the descendants of Jurchen peaple in the Middle Age. After Manchu conquered China, they established Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) to represent China and conquer Mongolia, Xinjiang, Tibet and Taiwan afterwards.

It’s interesting that in 1127, Jin Dynasty establshed by Jurchen also invaded Song Dynasty established by Han, and Qing government was so conservative and cowardly when Europeans came, so those are why Chinese players dislike Qing and regard that Ming is the best to present China in the game. However, Han had still stood up with Manchu in late Qing period, because they hated Europeans more.

If you wanna read more, you can click the key words with the links of wiki I made or just google them for more. The history of East Asia is really interesting and worth learning. :smile:
In my opinion, It just a game instead of a propaganda of nationalism. Qing actually represented China at that period. In the fact, Chinese in Aoe3 is basically the mix between Ming and Qing, not only Qing, so I don’t dislike current Chinese in the game. Haha.

4 Likes

Thanks my dude! I’ll totally look into it.
Europe was not the only place where backstabbing and hordes where loose, i must say. lol

1 Like

New Civs and do something user friendly like AOE2 DE did!

I’m just hoping that the devs remember that there’s lots of solo players who really enjoy the campaigns. I don’t think we need a complete reworking of the card system, and I liked the home city aspects. No need to make it exactly like AOE2.
I’ve played every AoE game since their original release and and liked each one for different reasons. Anyway I’d like to see bigger maps, better graphics, new civs while keeping the originals, and many additional campaigns. And let’s get an AoM DE in the works as well.

3 Likes

AOE2 never had card systems, so reworking it won’t make the game like AOE2.

I have no problem with someone enjoying them, good for you, but I think they need to add new and historical-accurate campaigns in order to make it more appealing to everyone

You know their cav is broken right?

Not much can make me come back to AoE3 with passion and vigor without a complete revamp. So, if it’s just to polish up what already exists, feel free, as I know people who like AoE3 will probably enjoy. I can stay with AoE2 and AoE1 DEs.

But if they’re revamping things, my wish list includes:

• Bigger maps. AoE3 maps were tiny.
  • More zoom out ability. The view felt way too close in released game. But when your maps are small, this is a good trick to make the map feel larger.
  • Better sound effects and much wider variety of them. So lackluster to have a suitcase closing sound effect when clicking everything. Also didn’t care for all the verbal acknowledgements of the units when being clicked (e.g., “Commandemante!”)… as if they are just sitting there waiting for you, the player, to click them. This turned me off of Baldur’s Gate, too. Ruins immersion.
  • Remove home cities
  • Remove card component
  • Remove shipments
  • Enhance trade post mechanic or remove it
2 Likes

That wouldn’t even be AoE3 anymore. This is like the main distinguished feature of the game…

16 Likes

I’m okay with stripping it of those to be more in-line with the franchise’s foundation :slight_smile: But l’m okay (sort of) without such a revamp since I’m probably not part of the target audience for AoE3, and I’d rather you ladies and gentlemen who enjoy AoE3 get what you want.

That’s something I respect so much, despite disliking AOE3 for the most part myself

Yet, I should say the card and home city system needs a revamp but not a removal

3 Likes

Thanks ArshiaAghael!

Yeah, supplies and units magically appearing out of thin air every few minutes ruins the fun for me (well, along with the sounds and some other stuff). I want my opponents and I to fight and scrap for access to the same resources on the same map, and spend time and energy micro’ing the creation of units; not getting Christmas presents dropped off from Santa every 3 minutes :rofl:

• “Okay, villagers! It’s time to come to your Town Center now and unwrap your presents! Hurry now! More presents are on their way and will be here in just a few more minutes!”

I have the same type of issue with trade posts along the train route. Passive income for life with little effort.

But, like I said, some people love this stuff, I’m pretty sure, so AoE3 DE can cater to them and I should be okay because I have AoE2. I might be a little bummed, though, due to inevitably cool graphics and bigger maps/better zoom being implemented. Part of me would want to experience that… but the surrounding gameplay might be a smidge annoying.

1 Like

tbf though, the income isn’t that huge

Now, I don’t mind that tbh, since it adds strategy variety, but the whole level x required for this card is annoying considering you can use an exploit to remove that problem

I should add here that since most of them are one goers so they are fine, but the infinite UUs?

please please!!! For deathmatches make the horse at the start just a regular unmounted horse since its a fast pace match……where trying to help deathmatches grow

yall use it for some maps on dm but it should be used for all! the small DM group would be happy if it was changed thanks

I feel like a lot of people who replied here forget what the game is about. It is about the colonial empires of europe and colonizing. Beginning a small colony getting suplies from your home city and slowly building up and destroying the enemey.

So adding civilizations like austrians or swedes doesn’t make sense playing in europe either, because they didnt really have colonies except some trade postes maybe and the architecture being colonial architecture not european. Also looking to the dlc’s you had a concept there of adding 1 new continent with 3 unique civs who age up differently and all work differently. So i believe to follow this concept and that would result in having africa as the new continent and 3 african civs being the new ones.

Also a lot of people want stuff from age of empires II like the trade system while age of empires III is just a different game go play aoe II if you want those mechanics. The trade system exampel of aoe II was to prevent gold from running out on team games. In aoe III they fixed that problem with plantations. Also the fort limit is there to prevent breaking the game. Often when i played again russians i couldn’t break trough their fort spam. their forts are just too cheap and easy to built together with their inf spam.

As balance i would like fixing french gendarme spam. Japanese in generally being too overpowered with having op counters to everything. Russians with the fort spam.

As actual new / improved feutures:

• i would like for the natives to have a westernise option like europeans have revolution option
  • Making the revolution option actually worth it.
  • Instead of the religion villages of the asian dynasties actual kingdoms/villages.
  • More buildings perhaps i always felt like there are to few. perhaps something like a coastal fortress. Also more unique buildings.
  • if they do what i hope they dont. Add more european nations keep to the original formula of having them shared units like the pikeman not just unique ones.
1 Like

I agree with adding danish civ but the problem atleast for me is that it breaks the concept of the game of wich every dlc adds 3 new civs and 1 continent. Also austria-hungary didnt exist yet and even if the timeline goes to 1900 austria hungary would have existed like 5 percent of the game. And the problem being adding europeans that arent colonizers is the fact they would need european maps which breaks the whole concept of being a colonization game.

This is for Tetzauteotl but for some reason i cant have 3 replies in one topic:

The colonization in AoE III wasn’t the colonization of people moving into territory (what the Hapsburg thing was) and staying there it was the colonization of establishing a colony and getting the resources from the colonies which would also involve people settling there but that was not the main reason of these colonies.

Austria simply doesn’t fit in AoE III, they didnt had colonies like Britain, France, Spain etc. Also having a European nation with no history of colonizing would make it that there should be european maps, but that first of all also isn’t what the colonizing stuff from this game is about and secondly most of the european architecture in the game is colonial architecture making a european map with those architecture incorrect and stupid in my opinion. The game isn’t about Europe it is about the colonization by the europeans.

Altough most of your nations ideas have historical background to be in the game. The dlc concept always was adding 1 new continent / nations from a new continent. Warchiefs added 3 native playable civs and asian dynasties added 3 asian civs. Adding random civs troughout the world wouldn’t fit the game like it was and the concepts it had. The only logical civs to add in my opinion are 3 african civs and africa as the new continent.

The tactical stuff doesnt really fit in AoE as a whole. Those things should belong in total war where the focus is more on military aspect while AoE has a balance between base building and economy developing and military. The force hiding is already sort of a thing with the spy and some units who can become invisible. There are also already i believe enviremental advantages like shooting downhill.

Age of empires isnt called age of kingdoms. Its fine you like it more to be able and build a kingdom vut then aoe III is just not the game for you. It literaly says when yiu start a game your home city has scent recourse to establish a colony or something in that direction. You arent playing a kingdom but part of a colonial empire establishing rule in the teritory for your nation

As Aoe 3 touch the era between 1453 -1821

Here some solutions.

Plug new civilization and I will explain why

In America : Put Inca Empire.

Reason : Aztec Empire is in Aoe 3. Aztec last to 1521 while Inca Empire last to 1533.

It was a great empire, Area was much bigger than the Aztecs. And the Spanish really need to exterminate ALL the Noble Genealogy to destabilize this empire. They did magnificent building, very sophisticated road systems that allows everyone to get food while on bad period. They did try to colonized Mapuche kingdom and they succeed in taking actual Equator. Also their influence going as far as actual Columbia, a little part in Amazonia, and they have commercial roads with Maya city states and the famous Aztec Empire.

In Oceania : Tuʻi Tonga Empire get grasp of all the strategic isle in the Pacific Ocean

Period time of this empire : 950 -1865 It was the only great oceanic empire and thus navigate easily through ocean even before the Age of Discoveries impose respect.

Middle-Orient : Morocco Kingdom : They beat the Ottoman Empire, therefore was respect even by Europeans powers the the authorization of the Moroccan Sultanate was needed to trade in the West part of Mediterranean Sea. THey also invade part of West Africa for gold. They try colonization but failed because they just needed the gold after all. So they do colonized (Just like every empire)

Also the outcome of Battle of Three Kings was clear : they win against Portugal (who are in the game).

Persia : They did explore Indian Ocean before the Europeans. They did modernize their armies, hence stop the will of the West to take Sefevids. They even fight a lot against the Ottoman and won some victories against them. Abbas II did won the battle against the MOghol to take back Kandahar. And Moghol is the indian civilisation in AOE3.

Oman Sultanate : OMan sultanate did won against the Portuguese and Persia.

They invaded part of Persia, part of Yemen, and Colonize the east african coast. Best isle known for : Zanzibar. 18th century. They do sugar plantation just like portuguese and have their specific laws for the colonized lands.

Africa now : - Ethiopia Was never colonized until the Italian try in the 19th century and owned them in the Adwa Battle in 1896. Ethiopia was one of the most nation-state of Africa. They modernized them quickly with guns, cannons, etc…
Portuguese help them against Adal Sultanate and Funj Sultanate. Ethiopia were highly considered till this day by the West. Sophisticated culture, philosophers, and also for business : Coffee came from Ethiopia.

Songhai Empire : The Songhai Empire (also transliterated as Songhay) was a state that dominated the western Sahel in the 15th and 16th century. At its peak, it was one of the largest states in African history. The Songhai Empire (also transliterated as Songhay) was a state that dominated the western Sahel in the 15th and 16th century. At its peak, it was one of the largest states in African history. At the bottom were war captives and slaves obligated to labor, especially in farming. James Olson describes the labor system as resembling modern day unions, with the Empire possessing craft guilds that consisted of various mechanics and artisans.

Europe : Habsburg Monarchy 1282–1918

The Habsburg monarchy did maintain constant fight against the Ottoman, Prussia, French, Try to invade Italia and succeed in some ways. They did have overseas territories (Nicobar Islands (1778-1785), Drang nach Osten (East europe colonization) and adapt their political structures specifically for their new colonies.

The end of the The Thirty Years Wars also ended with intern colonization in the Holy Roman Empire. So… Put that !! Simple as that. !!

Asia : Split India in 2 part : Moghol Empire (that already exist in the game), and Vijayanagar who last until 1652 and was split unto multiple kingdoms. But the deep south of India was never invaded by the Moghol and So Vijayanagar represent the last Hindu Kingdom in Indian history before Moghol and British Colonial Empire.

One of main reasons of the fall of Vijayanagar Empire was : The Sultanates to the north of Vijayanagara united and attacked Aliya Rama Raya’s army, in January 1565, in a war known as the Battle of Talikota.[50] The Vijayanagara side was winning the war, state Hermann Kulke and Dietmar Rothermund, but suddenly two Muslim generals of the Vijayanagara army switched sides and turned their loyalty to the Sultanates. The generals captured Aliya Rama Raya and beheaded him on the spot, with Sultan Hussain on the Sultanates side joining them for the execution and stuffing of severed head with straw for display. The beheading of Aliya Rama Raya created confusion and havoc in the still loyal portions of the Vijayanagara army, which were then completely routed. The Sultanates’ army plundered Hampi and reduced it to the ruinous state in which it remains; it was never re-occupied.

New maps in : Europe, Africa, Oceania, Middle-Orient
New outpost for new combat units, techs, etc… adapt to the news maps.

Add new type of civilizations :
Middle Orient : Morocco, Oman, Persia
Oceania : Tui Tonga Empire
Africa : Ethiopia, Songhai Empire

Already exists :
European civilization : Habsburg Monarchy
Amerindian civilization : Inca Empire
Asian dynasties : Vijayanagar Monarchy.
Gameplay and the game itself :

Fix the problem of monopoly victory bug buttons
Fix the bug that doesn’t erase the button of evolving troops for outpost troops when you got the Imperial Age tech for getting them to Imperial troops.
Multiple teams on multiplayer juste like Age of Empires 2 or Age of Mythology

More players (maybe 10 to 12 players for a game).

Real historical campaign (and you have plenty of that)

More tactical strategies (hide units in forest), more environnmental advantages., etcc…

So if you can do that… WELL, THAT WOULD BE THE PERFECT AGE OF EMPIRES 3 and I’’LL BUY Your game. If you need help, I’m interested to participate in the project of the Aoe3 definitive edition !!

Thanks you, happy new years and have a good day !!

5 Likes