What is with priests and their conversion time?

Finished the Greek campaign, now starting the Babylon campaign. Why does he sometimes convert enemy units almost instantly, like in 1-2 seconds, but then when I try to convert another he chants for 15 seconds and the enemy doesn’t convert. Then I try to convert another and it’s converted almost instantly, like 1 second.

What’s the logic here?

It’s chance based.

Also, Macedonian units and chariots are harder to convert.

Some people have a more open mind than others, so they accept a new faith immediately. On the other hand, others are devoted to their own faith and do not listen to the Wololo preaching.
The chariots are the most indoctrinated parishioners and they only think about killing in the name of their gods.

Priest has 3 second convert time (with normal 1.0 game speed without any upgrades), but only 33% accuracy.

@pate623 said:
Priest has 3 second convert time (with normal 1.0 game speed without any upgrades), but only 33% accuracy.

So every 3sec there’s a dice roll? That’s interesting.

@korowizard said:
Some people have a more open mind than others, so they accept a new faith immediately. On the other hand, others are devoted to their own faith and do not listen to the Wololo preaching.

So that’s why my priest needed 30+ seconds to convert a house… It didn’t have an open mind and didn’t listen to wololo preaching. But does that mean that in other houses the walls had ears…?

So that’s why my priest needed 30+ seconds to convert a house… It didn’t have an open mind and didn’t listen to wololo preaching. But does that mean that in other houses the walls had ears…?

The house represents a complete family!

@pate623 said:

It’s interesting info, it means after upgrading astrology, the chances (+30%) would be 43%.