What other Asian civilizations do we need?

Jurchens + Khitans
Siamese + Cham
Kurds + Khazars (Not 100% Asian)
Uyghurs + Tibetans (Gokturks + Qiang)
Kannadigans + Oriya
Manipuri + Mons
Sogdians + Azeris
Sinhalese + Telegu
Pashtuns/Pathans/Afghans + Punjabis

1 Like

Potential DLCs:

East Asia DLC - Tibetans(/Tanguts) and Jurchen + Chinese rework (mostly add chemistry, one gunpowder UU). Maybe Khitans.
Middle East DLC - Kurds, Afghans (no need to adjust Saracens anymore imho)
India DLC - Kannada, Kalinga Telugu
South East Asia DLC - Tai, Visayans, Chams, Javanese.
Central Asia DLC - Uyghurs, Gokturks, Khitans.

I am not advocating for all these DLCs btw.

2 Likes

Why are we aiming for two civs only lol. Letā€™s get back to 4. Also ^ Visayan sounds cool too.

2 Likes

Personally, I donā€™t think Tangut and Uighurs are that important. Because they were one of the short-lived nations. (As some of you may know, modern Uighurs are not direct descendants of the Old Uighurs, although they are both Turkic.) Their priority should be lower.

Perhaps more important are Chams and Laos, which once enjoyed a golden age and have survived long after their decline to the present day.

Other than those, I mostly agree.

2 Likes

Can we get back to 5? Conqs expansion is most beloved can we relive that level of glory?

7 Likes

Forgotten Empires also had 5 Civilizations.

5 Likes

Tanguts were first mentioned in the Book of Tang (and if I remember correctly they were also mentioned in the Kul Tegin stele of the Gokturk era) and appeared around the 7th century, and they were involved in late Tang politics. From the 7th century up until their eventual demise in 1227 there were still some 600 years and I wouldnā€™t call that short-lived. Same thing for Nanzhao / Dali (could be called Dians, Bo, or Baipu), together these two succeeding kingdoms lasted from 738 to 1253 more than 500 years, and if you add their predecessors the Cuan and the Dian then that would be even longer more than 1000 years.

Chams and Siamese (I prefer the name Siamese rather than Laotian) definitely deserve their place in this game I agree with you on that, not sure why they havenā€™t been added.

2 Likes

I feel that among the civs suggested here Visayans is one of the less important ones since they hadnā€™t interacted that much with existing civs during AoE 2ā€™s period (I could be wrong though Iā€™m not that familiar with Filipino history). They could be added if we have enough space, but they arenā€™t my top priority. Among SE Asian civs I think Siamese, Chams, and Mons are the most pressing ones.

1 Like

Tanguts I can see. Uyghurs between their khaganate and the Qocho kingdom had a reasonably long history of self governance, not to mention a unique basis for civ design. Part steppe nomads, part sedentary traders. Tocharian and Chinese influences.

Tanguts I can see your point.

1 Like

ā€œfarms to not need reseedingā€ is completely op
this is just strictly better than the chinese or sicilian bonus. having this on a civ with FU light cav is beyond broken.

ā€œdocks upgrade to harbors in imperial ageā€ this is just strictly better than malay who have to pay for this?

no more fucking dodging projectiles please

4 Likes

I think we already have more than enough civs. the newer civs basically all have janky mechanics that are unfun to play as and against. I am not opposed to adding a civ with functioning mechanics, but no more armor ignoring, dodging, auras, charge attacks or instant unit creation effects or any other ideas that donā€™t fit into aoe2 (poison and other status effects that keep getting suggested come to mind)

1 Like

Maybe we need to split Saracens into Ayyubids and Oman/Muscat?

1 Like

You can check tech tree in the picture:

Unavailable farm upgrades and hand cart increasing inefficiency.

Light cav missing last upgrade.

Unavailable in Castle Age.

Unavailable Elite upgrade for Elephant Archers.

1 Like

You arenā€™t being helpful by being so rude.

Ofcourse the civ is over loaded with unique stuff. But it isnā€™t unbalanced to be way overpowered. Go test play it if you want to.

You cannot accept just because it isnā€™t one of your concepts. You are no standard authoriser of civ crafting.

3 Likes

I suppose I overreacted but you need to think about the design implications of your bonuses. As a civ crafter fiest and foremost to me enticing balanced civs are my lifeblood and have for. I lost count of the number of years

1 Like

Tanguts were recorded in both Book of Tang and the Kul Tegin stele. Iā€™d argue that they played a bigger role than the Uyghurs when it comes to medieval East Asian politics. Although it wasnā€™t until 1038 that they founded their independent kingdom, they as a distinct people already existed in the 600ā€™s or possibly even earlier. Some have linked them to the Xianbei Tuyuhun kingdom that existed in Northwest China from the 3rd to the 7th century AD.

And the Tanguts fit all your descriptions as well, they were part nomadic part sedentary and had both steppe and Chinese influences.

We need a Chinese themed DLC with a new building set for them with the Tibetans (new building set too), Jurchens, Thai and Khitans introduced.

I want unique Chinese great walls, Chinese fortified villages (houses that can shoot back), the huge Chinese gates, Ashigaru hand cannoneers and Hwachas.

1 Like

only heavy plow slightly increases efficiency. the other upgrades no being available doesnā€™t matter. +75 food on farms is irrelevant if you have an infinite amount.
To clarify. In early game (with horse collar) you need about 1 lumberjack for every 6 farmers to keep farms running. Instead you can just put this person on an extra farm, effectively a 16% farming bonus.
This bonus is completely busted, itā€™s normal to have 50+ farms, not having to reseed them will save you 1000s of wood in your average game. The only way I can see this being balanced is making them cost 100 wood per farm, so the initial investment is bigger.

not in your picture?

you donā€™t research harbours in castle age anyway 300 food and 300 gold is better invested into imp

I donā€™t care. dodging projectiles is cancer (even more so on a unit that should be countered by skirmishers and onagers)

1 Like

Civs with the highest priority for me (none represented so far):
Jurchens
Tibetans
Tai (umbrella to include Lao)

Then:
Javanese (split from Malay incl. changing Gajah Mada campaign to them)
Kannadigas (split from Dravidians who will be renamed Tamils)

5 Likes