What other Asian civilizations do we need?

So which new Asian civs do you like to see in the future?

1 Like

Jurchens and Tibetans.
That is all.

10 Likes

Tibetans and Jurchen are priority in my humble opinion.

Potentially Tai, Afghans, Kurds. Maybe Khitans.

7 Likes

Yeah, it’s seem good to me…Jurchens, Khitans and Tibetans in one dlc and Tai and Afgans in other…

3 Likes

Jurchens, Khitans, Tanguts are at the top of my list (would love Tibetans, but the chances of getting them are low).

Those three are also more likely due to China being an unexplored area for DLC. But if we are going back to old areas, I think the Kannadigas, Nepalis and Tais are both pretty important and cover areas of the map which are currently vacant.

5 Likes

Idea for a Kalinga Civ.

10 Likes

Some ideas for DLCs from mainland Asia:

1. Chinese DLC - Jurchens civ & Tibetans civ + Chinese civ rework and brand new Nomadic Architecture Set

2. Southern Asian DLC - Siamese civ & Afghans civ

3. Middle Eastern DLC - Arabians civ & Kurds civ (BTW, it would be nice to add some nations from the Levant area, such as Syrians or Iraqis) + Saracens civ rework into Mamluks civ

5 Likes

Agreed with Many

Definitely:
Jurchens
Khitan
Uyghurs
Tanguts
Tibetans
Thai

Maybe:
Cham
Laosians
Azeri/Turcoman
Uzbek/Chagati/Karluk
Bai

1 Like

Jurchens
Tibetans
Malay-Javanese-Cham Split
Tais
Visayans

For South East Asia I would like to see the Thai, Mon and/or Cham

3 Likes

I’d like to see at least a Javanese civ so that the Malays aren’t as much of an absurd umbrella. Tai and Cham would be nice for mainland Southeast Asia, and the Visayans had some stuff going on with their raids in China and Vietnam so they’d be neat to represent the Philippines while we’re at it.

6 Likes

My list of Asian civs I’d like in the game

Afghans
Gokturks
Jurchens
Kannadigas
Khazars
Kurds
Oriyas
Siamese
Sinhalese
Tagalog (or any other appropriate name for the “Filipino civ”)
Tamils (renamed Dravidians)
Tanguts
Tibetans

4 Likes

Juchens and Tibet is all I want to see.

6 Likes

I’d definitely want to see more East and SE Asian civs featured in this game.

First of all a small correction to the map posted by OP. That map should reflect the situation around 1235 to 1240 and not 1227, since in the year 1227 the Jurchen Jin Dynasty of North China still existed and it wasn’t until the year 1234 that the Mongols finally conquered the Jin.

And here’s my list of East and SE Asian civs that I hope could be added to this game, I’ll be dividing them into 3 broad categories (must-have, must-have-but-unlikely-to-be-added, and maybe):

Must Have:

Jurchens (no civ currently in-game can represent them)

Khitans (can sort of represented by the Mongols, though they and the Mongols still had some differences)

Tanguts (no civ currently in-game can represent them)

Gokturks (no civ currently in-game can represent them, the current Turks only cover the Seljuks and the Ottomans and do not cover the early medieval Turks in North Asia. With the Gokturks added the current Turks could be renamed as Seljuks or Seljuk Turks)

Siamese (no civ currently in-game can represent them)

Mons (can sort of represented by the Khmers or the Burmese, though they are identical to neither and they had their own independent kingdoms in AoE 2’s time period)

Chams (no civ currently in-game can represent them, they were a different Austronesian group from the Malays)

Must have but highly unlikely to be added given current political situation:

Uyghurs and Tibetans

Maybe (could be added if we have enough space)

Visayans

Nanzhao / Dali

Malay-Javanese split

That isn’t a “small” correction. The map in itself is a complete mess. It’s pointless to argue.

1 Like

1 Like

Why wedge Afghans in with Siamese/Tai? I’d say do a Siamese/Champa SE. Asian DLC.

That’s probably my highest priority personally, though something with China’s neighbors (your Chinese DLC idea is a solid one) and a Mddle Eastern one like your idea but also including Andalusian Arabs (not Asia but it fits best with a Saracens split)

3 Likes

I just want Tai and Jurchens to be honest. Tais because I am Tai lol and it would complete my city making.

3 Likes

Agreed, Siamese and Afghans have nothing in common, instead Siamese should be introduced in the same DLC as Chams and Mons.

3 Likes

If there will ever be one, anything except internal Chinese or China split, three-kingdom war is not as impressive as people think.
Champa deserve a spot.