What to expect next?

It could be Denmark-Norway instead of Italy. I’m fine with that.
But Poland is a “must have” in this game. They were such a powerhouse in AOE3 time period. I hope the devs will include them someday.

1 Like

Definitely better option is Austria-Hungary :wink:

Swiss is pretty good as Minor Nation on European map - Alpine.

3 Likes

The DLC for AoE 3 will most likely be similar to AoE 2 with only 2 civs. In that case, we wouldn’t get one sizeable European DLC (with three civs) but two smaller DLCs with two civs each. So the best solution will be:

1. Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth,
  2. Austria-Hungary,
  3. Denmark-Norwey,
  4. Italians (the only one of these civs that would define a particular nation, not an empire - since they were not united)

Each of these DLCs would add 15 new maps (30 new European maps in total), 3 new historical battles (a total of 6 new European historical battles on the European continent) and a lot of Minor Nations. In the future, there could be a DLC adding only new campaigns - Napoleonic Wars and the Thirty Years’ War.

5 Likes

Yes that is why I have them so low on the priority list, now Austria-Hungary…now that I can get behind! Euro maps with Swiss as a small , regional ally would be brilliant.

1 Like

I feel that Swiss are best suited to being mercenaries. That is what they are most well known for. It is a perfect fit.

The missing civs are:

1. Poles

2. Italians

3. Danes

4. Moroccans

5. Siam

6. Persians

7. Annishinaabe

The only other possible alternatives are Omani, Commanche, and Mapuche. Austria-Hungary doesn’t really fit since we already have Germans.

3 Likes

Dude too soon, Africa expansion hasn’t even been released yet lol

5 Likes

The game definitely needs these three Southeast Asian empires:

Siam

Burma

Vietnam

5 Likes

It is very helpful for the devs to see our enthusiasm for more content.

5 Likes

Siam (Thai) and Koreans hopefully.

1 Like

What is your reasoning for Annishinaabe over:

1. Cree
  2. Some version of the ‘5 Cviliziled Tribes’: Cherokee (I guess could be covered w/ Iroquois, but they renamed them), Chickasaw, Choctaw, Muscogee (Creek), and Seminole
  3. A more general Algonquian

Omani seemed pretty important, had colonies in Africa.
Commanche were pretty important in the 1800s. This is late in the timeline, but similar to Sioux. That might also be a reason to leave them off since they would be similar. But so are France and Germany.
Mapuche seem to fit the timeline pretty well. Major activity in the 1500s, 1600s, and 1800s. 1800s isn’t great as noted above, but seem to fit better than Annishinaabe.

1 Like

I’d love more DLC, but AOE3 isn’t as popular as AOE2 and I’m not sure if AOE2 will receive another DLC after it’s second wave. Especially with AOE4 on the horizon, I’m not sure Microsoft wants to dilute attention away from AOE4’s release. My hunch is we’re done with DLC for the DE games after this last round is release.

2 Likes

i wouldn’t say that, Microsoft has hinted they want to continue to support both games post launch, FE has also said that provided it makes sense then it is realistic we see more content.

14 Likes

Hope so because I want to switch between each game during my week/ends because sometimes I prefer AoE2 some days, AoE3 and hoping AoE4. I haven’t been on my console and haven’t had an itch to play anything else besides RTS such as the forementioned.

3 Likes

Definitely if the sales for African Royals are above as expected there will be more DLCs in the future. I just want more home city customizations for civs that don’t have such as Japan, Indian and Incas. Also looking forward to have Siam and Koreans to be added in-game.

1 Like