- Western/Northern Europe (Celts [Gauls, Britons, Celtiberians], Germans, Lusitanians…)
- Italy (Etruscans, Samnites, Veneti, Nuragic…)
- Balkans (Dacians, Thracians, Illyrians…)
- Northwest Africa (Numidians, Mauri, Libyans, Garamantes…)
- Northeast Africa (Nubians, Ethiopians/Aksumites, Macrobians…)
- Near East (Lydians, Armenians, Hebrews, Akkadians…)
- Arabia (Arabians [Nabateans, Yemeni]…)
- Iran (Medes, Elamites…)
- Pontic Steppe (Scythians, Colchian…)
- Central Asia (Dahae/Parthians, Bactrians, Xiongnu…)
- South Asia (Harappans, Maghadis, Tamils…)
- East Asia (Wu, Yue/Baiyue, Shu…)
- Southeast Asia (Khmers, Chams, Malays…)
- Mesoamerica (Olmecs, Mayans, Zapotecs…)
- Andes (Caral, Wari, Tiwanaku/Puquina, Mochica…)
- Other areas (North America, Oceania, Subsaharan Africa, Russia…)
- “Forgotten Craddles” (Harappans, Olmecs, Caral…)
- Bronze Age (Akkadians, Elamites…)
- Archaic period (Etruscans, Medes, Lydians…)
- Middle Classical Antiquity (Celts, Maghadis, Xiongnu…)
- Late Antiquity (Huns, Germans [Goths, Franks, Vandals…], Xianbei, Khmers…)
- Other themes or time periods
- I don’t know
- I don’t care
Ok, time for a NEW POLL!
Obviously there is no guarantee at all that we may get new content for the Ancient Times part of the game in the future, but just in case, I wanted to know your opinion on this matter (and who knows, maybe it will give the devs some ideas). As usual, the fact that I put something in the poll doesn’t mean I necessarily want to see it in the game, and I’m not an expert on anything so don’t hesitate to point out stuff that I may have forgotten.
The civs mentioned between brackets are not necessarily those who would be included in the possible updates, I just put them there to give you a general idea. Square brackets indicates members of an umbrella civ that may be split or grouped. Also, those concepts can be mixed together, the same update/dlc could for instance group the Near East, Iran and Arabia options, or South and South East Asia.
Finally, if you need some clarifications, “Forgotten Craddles” would be about the places where agricultural civilizations originated from independant from any other one, and where it usually spred from. We already have Mesopotamia (Sumerians), the Nile (Egyptians) and to some extent China (Shang, so it’s not the oldest dynasty in the area), so it would most likely be focused on India (Harappans), Mesoamerica (Olmecs) and the Andes (probably Caral). Archaic period would be about the time between the Bronze Age collapse and the rise of the Persians, Macedonians and Romans (so 12th to 6th/4th c. BC), Middle Classical would be the time period during which the Roman Republic, Carthage and the Diadochi kingdoms struggled for the control of the Mediterranean sea and the rise to power of the Maurya empire and Han dynasty (4th to 1th c. BC) and Late Antiquity would be the time of the Roman Empire, the Three Kingdoms, etc. (1th c. BC to 5th c. AD).