What would you like as the focus for a future dlc/update for AoE1/RoR?

• Western/Northern Europe (Celts [Gauls, Britons, Celtiberians], Germans, Lusitanians…)
  • Italy (Etruscans, Samnites, Veneti, Nuragic…)
  • Balkans (Dacians, Thracians, Illyrians…)
  • Northwest Africa (Numidians, Mauri, Libyans, Garamantes…)
  • Northeast Africa (Nubians, Ethiopians/Aksumites, Macrobians…)
  • Near East (Lydians, Armenians, Hebrews, Akkadians…)
  • Arabia (Arabians [Nabateans, Yemeni]…)
  • Iran (Medes, Elamites…)
  • Pontic Steppe (Scythians, Colchian…)
  • Central Asia (Dahae/Parthians, Bactrians, Xiongnu…)
  • South Asia (Harappans, Maghadis, Tamils…)
  • East Asia (Wu, Yue/Baiyue, Shu…)
  • Southeast Asia (Khmers, Chams, Malays…)
  • Mesoamerica (Olmecs, Mayans, Zapotecs…)
  • Andes (Caral, Wari, Tiwanaku/Puquina, Mochica…)
  • Other areas (North America, Oceania, Subsaharan Africa, Russia…)
  • “Forgotten Craddles” (Harappans, Olmecs, Caral…)
  • Bronze Age (Akkadians, Elamites…)
  • Archaic period (Etruscans, Medes, Lydians…)
  • Middle Classical Antiquity (Celts, Maghadis, Xiongnu…)
  • Late Antiquity (Huns, Germans [Goths, Franks, Vandals…], Xianbei, Khmers…)
  • Other themes or time periods
  • None
  • I don’t know
  • I don’t care

0 voters

Looks left…
Looks right…
Ok, time for a NEW POLL!
Obviously there is no guarantee at all that we may get new content for the Ancient Times part of the game in the future, but just in case, I wanted to know your opinion on this matter (and who knows, maybe it will give the devs some ideas). As usual, the fact that I put something in the poll doesn’t mean I necessarily want to see it in the game, and I’m not an expert on anything so don’t hesitate to point out stuff that I may have forgotten.
The civs mentioned between brackets are not necessarily those who would be included in the possible updates, I just put them there to give you a general idea. Square brackets indicates members of an umbrella civ that may be split or grouped. Also, those concepts can be mixed together, the same update/dlc could for instance group the Near East, Iran and Arabia options, or South and South East Asia.

Finally, if you need some clarifications, “Forgotten Craddles” would be about the places where agricultural civilizations originated from independant from any other one, and where it usually spred from. We already have Mesopotamia (Sumerians), the Nile (Egyptians) and to some extent China (Shang, so it’s not the oldest dynasty in the area), so it would most likely be focused on India (Harappans), Mesoamerica (Olmecs) and the Andes (probably Caral). Archaic period would be about the time between the Bronze Age collapse and the rise of the Persians, Macedonians and Romans (so 12th to 6th/4th c. BC), Middle Classical would be the time period during which the Roman Republic, Carthage and the Diadochi kingdoms struggled for the control of the Mediterranean sea and the rise to power of the Maurya empire and Han dynasty (4th to 1th c. BC) and Late Antiquity would be the time of the Roman Empire, the Three Kingdoms, etc. (1th c. BC to 5th c. AD).

5 Likes

European barbarians (Gauls Germans…) and Scythians are at the very top of my list.

Makes me think I should update the map I made a few days ago.

4 Likes

Barbarians such as Celts and Germani, one steppe civ like Scythians and one Indus Valley Indian civ for start.

3 Likes

By the way @Louis0108 you can count this one. Consider this an early or late birthday gift (or an unlikely just in time birthday gift, I don’t know.

3 Likes

I wonder what’s the count is :laughing:

2 Likes

Absolutely no clue, I didn’t count myself. For all I know, we may already be over 9000.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: Happy Birthday to me…(a few months belated, but highly appreciate it :blush:)

We are 2 away from the goal on the AOE II DE discussion forum… however I have been made aware by @twiglet2018 that the AOE I group also has several more … I have been counting and between all forums, we have around 200!!!

I also found several interesting patterns on them that I hope to share as soon as we get to our goal :grinning:

3 Likes

Let me guess : they feel abandonned by the devs, several years with a DE that is really sub-par compared to AOE2 without any new content except one or two campaigns at launch, and now they have to switch to AOE2 ?

2 Likes

Yes, but that nothing new😁

To be fair, I haven’t check the AOE1 group or game in a couple years…, I bet most players are on the same boat.

AoE1 covers a much larger time frame then AoE2 (or any other AoE) so the possibilities are endless!
I don’t mind any of the suggestions m I just want more antiquity content.

1 Like

These are the top three DLCs I would love to see for RoR. Seems the majority of voters thusfar agrees.

Let RoR shine like AoE2DE!