What you want more in age of empire4?

What do you want more in age of empire 4?

( No max)

• Build roads, give extra mouvement
  • Crew on siege weapons, that you can attack
  • Animal reproduction (wolf, dear, fish,etc.)
  • Build wall on montain
  • Cube mode ( 100% readability )
  • Only siege weapons can attack towers on wall.
  • Trebuchet on wall, whit extra range
  • Capturable wall, gate, roads, buildings (need to kill unit garding it)
  • Programable ai assist
  • Day/Nigth (population sleep at nigth and work in day)
  • Season shifting (fall, winter, spring, summer)
  • Mud land, snow land, fertile land, dersert land
  • 300 population limit
  • Nothing

0 voters

2 Likes

I have liked the idea of seasons shifting for a long time. Would be cool to see Spring go to summer then to autumn and have trees lose their levees and winter where it starts to snow. Each season having its pros and cons.

5 Likes

Day and night. I like hearing the owls hooting and the wolves howling just like in Warcraft 3

5 Likes

Day and night cicle plus rain, thunderstorms, or fog(not the fog war from the game)

Can you imagine, let’s wait for the night fall to atack because its harder to see it coming? Or To take advantage of the fog to atack, haha it would be awesome

8 Likes

Certainly not Programable ai assist

1 Like

I’m gonna shamelessly link my own, related, poll here

1 Like

Day and night with changes to vision, range would be awesome. Civs/techs could have different bonuses for this.

5 Likes

All of these features sound great but at the same time most of them feel more like singleplayer features to me. PvP matches in AoE are usually that fast that they would just slow down the game or they wouldn’t really be relevant to the game. Features like Day/Night cycles or seasons would be great for an Anno type game.
But that’s just my opinion as I really like the game as it is already.

3 Likes

Agreed to the extent that PvPs may be shorter.

I’d say maybe even slow down the pace, introduce global/weather elements, and then tactical buff/debuffs on top of that. And day-night ? It would be very dynamic

2 Likes

You could do that but I would argue that the game that it would end up would be very far from what Age of Empires is as a game. I would rather they made a different game with all these features and not call it Age of Empires. To me all the fun of Age games is the heavy RTS aspect and I like a faster pace as I don’t have that much time each day to play the game. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I would be fine if it’s only for single player missions only such as campaigns and co-op mode.

2 Likes

haha yeah that is true I guess I’m coming more from a WC3 perspective. But if AOE4 could scratch that itch for me I’d not play WC3 again (did you see how badly they botched the remaster?).

The day/night dynamic alone would introduce so many unique civ-specific timing plays in multiplayer though

5 Likes

But then you would end up with 2 entirely different game mechanics for singleplayer and multiplayer. That wouldn’t make much sense.

Yeah I saw what Blizzard did to WC3 Remastered :sweat_smile:
I can see where you are coming from. I guess it’s just hard for me to imagine how that would play out as I guess I just played too many hours of the other AoE games.

1 Like

No not really, one of the missions in the Polish campaign for AOE 2 DE has a night mood similar to day/night. The day/night mechanic is simply “disabled” for the multiplayer

1 Like

what weird options :smiley: nearly none of them make sense to me at all :smiley:

3 Likes

RIP and now they have the terrible lawsuits too its sad to see. I used to look up to those guys when I was younger and didn’t know jack LOL how they have fallen

Perfect timing for AOE to just take over RTS players left from WC3 era since Blizzard seem content with SC2

1 Like

What would you like Heinrich from 1996 :stuck_out_tongue: ?

In this forum, all my longest posts regards the choices you have posted lol

I only chose zoom and pop limit. I am happy in the state the game seems to be at the current point :wink:

4 Likes