What's the difference between DE and AoE II: HD?

As the question say, what’s the difference between DE and AoE II: HD?

@Bapelzien said:

AoE II: HD is a fan-made remaster of the original 1999 release with HD graphics. DE will most likely be like what AoE:DE is with a remastered soundtrack, new graphics, and many more things that we have seen in the trailers for the upcoming game. Overall, HD version updates the graphics while DE is a complete overhaul of everything. Hope this helps!

AoE 1 DE is remaster and add some GUI features. and AoE HD edition is only that same game in hd.

@“Memes B Dreams” said:

@Bapelzien said:

AoE II: HD is a fan-made remaster of the original 1999 release with HD graphics. DE will most likely be like what AoE:DE is with a remastered soundtrack, new graphics, and many more things that we have seen in the trailers for the upcoming game. Overall, HD version updates the graphics while DE is a complete overhaul of everything. Hope this helps!

So DE will not be in HD or am I stupid now?
But thanks for the answer! :slight_smile:

@Bapelzien said:

@“Memes B Dreams” said:

@Bapelzien said:

So DE will not be in HD or am I stupid now?
But thanks for the answer! :slight_smile:

Haha no worries :). The Definitive edition will most likely be in HD with 4k supported. The graphics will all be completely redone in the genie engine (don’t quote me on this" to look much nicer than the original 1999’s graphics. The HD version which has already been released just takes the original graphics and makes them look nicer and adds higher resolutions. T

3 versions of the same game. 1 dies?

@PlayerNY9 said:
3 versions of the same game. 1 dies?

Most people have moved on from the original to the HD version on steam. The only problem I can see is a splitting of the fanbase if this DE is also a Windows store exclusive. A split community is never a good thing, especially if Microsoft wants to enter the competitive scene with this game.

DE is 4K and AoE2 HD are less resolution.
Other differences are game are based in ancient time(DE) and HD in medieval times.