When are Aztec Coyotes going to be buffed?

Nobodies even playing natives anymore. I’ve played a dozen games tonight and 10 of them were mexico lamers.

What part of Coyotes and AK’s need a buff for late game is not clear?

It seems that many have been confused, or only read the title or deviated.

But do they really? Natives can beat almost any comp and their only weakness is artillery. You are supposed to have a hard time against artillery.

Also arrow knights outrange standard artillery, only culverin outrange them, but culverin are not that much of a problem in games against natives.

I would give AK a bit more bonus against artillery cause you need a lot of them while they need 2pop slots.

Or better against some regular units, my vote would be on counter-cav (dragoons) since slingers are weak and short ranged and the heavy anti-infantry duty is on jags.

If you want new bonus it would be vs skirmishers. Aztecs dont ani counter from range

Yep agreed, aztec are in a great spot compared to other natives vs artillery. Inca huaracas are always in range of falconets and get wrecked, you waste more res than your opponent trying to take down just 2 falconets. Even chimu will lose out resource wise and suiciding shock infantry certainly isn’t a good anti-artillery tactic.
Haud are out of luck too until industrial, nothing they can do other than again suiciding cav.
Lakota have some good anti-artillery techs which makes their cav strong vs artillery but they’re very expensive and you still need to be in range and again are just going to be taking hits on all your expensive rifle riders so in the end your wasting more res than a few falcs cost.

3 Likes

But why only natives? Every other civ can effectively counter artillery.

1 Like

Not really sure why this thread is still going on, it’s obvious Aztec needs exactly zero buffs, and Coyotes were already buffed as mentioned earlier. Move on to the more pressing issues please.

1 Like

Hahahahhha, are you serious?? Hahahahaha Aztecs are considered the worst in treaty games. They cant do anything vs chinese, ethiopians (travois for palaces, really?), USA, Mex (soldados need a nerf) or similar civs that spam skirmishers.
They cant do anything vs skirmishers that are protected by walls.

1 Like

A little siege resistance would be OK for coyotes. Also reducing AK’s to 1 pop, still can’t justify their 2 pop cost.

Those for late game and Aztecs will be more balanced.

Coyotes with 160 hp or 1.5 multiplier vs artillery is probably the way to go for now. Another cool option is to boost its attack rate by 20% similar to what Inca pikes get in age 2, just add this bonus to the coyote stealth card. This would make this card very good, just move the card to age 3 or 4 for balance. Just my thoughts.

Aztecs have more troubles with massed skirmishers than with artillery, maybe I would give them a bonus vs them, letting the artillery one to chimus (that dont have AKs), to differentiate both units.

2 Likes

They’re the only cav unit that can go cover mode, which grants 50% rr and siege resist, coyotes def don’t need a buff.

1 Like

But they move at half speed, so they get x2 shoots, where is the good point??

You only switch to cover mode when the skirmishers are ready to fire.

What a easy solution!!, every player can do that​:expressionless::expressionless: (no)

The animations show you when to switch to cover mode.

1 Like

The ■■■■■■■ micro guy…

2 Likes