When are the devs going to nerf the english?

You’re obsessing about perceived unfairness because you’re not aware of the mistakes that cause your losses. If you had enough perspective on the balance, you wouldn’t shift the blame of your losses to a low resolution explanation as this one.

Then you tell me why everyone is choosing english, literally everyone chooses them, since the buff they are the most prevalent civ in ranked mode, you gonna sit there and tell me they are not the strongest civ if everyone is choosing them, go on sit there and spout your crap, so i can honestly ignore it, because a stats chart from aoe world aint gonna change my mind!

Not to mention, if this is your profile, slap yourself because you literally play english more than anything at the minute :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was my plastic league personal profile as credential. But you didnt even check the message before replying? Show yours if you want to claim expertise.

You’re the one making claims on how English is broken.
Im questioning your credentials.

English is strong. They’re also a great beginner civ, thats prolly why you see them alot. This kind of anti-introspection balance whine is a dime a dozen in every single rts forum. Generally made by low-mid tier players as they begin stagnating because on an anti-improvement mindset. Your post is litterally a meme on reddit right now.

If a problem can be solved by getting better, the answer isnt complaining about the system. There are no balance issues below the top 1%. You’re matched against ppl of equal performance.

Bro my name is how you see it on this forum, literally can find it using the same name, yet you claim i did not even do my check before replying :unamused:.
I dont know how you can say half this stuff, you are literally talking out #### ##### You literally.play english yourself :rofl:. You aint played any other civ in a week or more. I bet you for a fact a lot of people know english needs a nerf, you are just one of the biased opinions who do not deem it so, i main rus, who i feel ahoukd counter english easily, but even they have issues countering english, i am not the best player no, but i know for a fact english have wayyyy to many civ bonuses in comparison to other civs, every landmark is useful, their fuedal age unique unit is easily one of the strongest, if not the strongest in the game. On top of that their farms cost a lot less, making it so they can easily convert to farms and mass longbows easily, not to mention the defensive benefits of farms, as well as network of castles, coupled with early man at arms, then you are gonna sit there and tell me they are not that strong, sit there and tell me another civ with all these fuedal age bonuses, then people will say they are weakest in castle age. Which is mot true due to the fact you literally get a buff for network of castles. As well as a 50% increased crossbow production time from the fuedal age landmark, like literally people are having a laugh if they think these are weaknesses.

Also glad my post made it to reddit, shows how sad people actually are, to go ahead and make a meme post about a forum post, i will let you sit there and ponder why the player base for the game will never grow with people with your mentality behind the community :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: #patheticman

As much as I despise English.
They are not to strong.
They are simply very easy and forgiving to play. Meaning you can afford doing more mistakes without suffering heavy penalty.

Infact the only issue with english is it’s crazy production from Council Hall combined with White tower. Thats a 4x production for range units, combined that white tower also serves as a 2x production for everything siege.
This allows english to rebound extremely quick.
And tbh, its the only thing that needs to be nerfed for the english.
Not a change in their style.
I would like to see english white tower produce units at 1x (Normal) speed, and reduce the range of their TC. (They have enough defensive landmarks and units as it is, not to mention their vills also double as range units and Longbowmen with greater spotting range than scouts, so they really don’t need that extra range on their TC)

1 Like

What your saying is there not to strong.

But if you play against someone that’s evenly matched you still have a 60% to 40% chance of winning. You get all these unit and defence bonuses.

So you can make more mistakes as a less skilled player and win more as English

1. Im a rus main 1v1. 200-300 elo above you. Thats about 4-8x the skillset.
  2. You’re low platinum. Your opinion is the definition of Donning Kruger
  3. All your issues can be solved by focusing on getting better. Focusing on perceived imbalance makes you stagnate.
  4. The reason for the commonality of post similar to yours is that more skilled people dont claim to understand the game well enough to make balance claims. They focus on how to get better. Seeing you express your stagnation and unwillingness to get over it is painful to watch.

I play it in teamgames, how is that applicable to your 1v1 complaining? The meta is entirelly different.

I always thought the English had weaker units overall.

That’s EXACLTY the problem if you doing mistake you don’t pay for it. That why it’s broken. When you play other civ if you do mistake you loose your game. As english no you can win…

maybe that why it’s a 100% ban on golden league and why people is crying on this civ. You can use all your idiot argue for justify why english are not so strong blablabla but when you do less than 50% action than your opponent and you finaly win with one Q click with more mistake than your opponent is not healty fo the game and its is a disrespect for the opponent who work more than you for the same result.

2 Likes

The fact that they are forgiving to play is not an issue.

It is that it comes without a price.

In a game played by the top, English dosn’t even have a high W/L ratio. Because they become rather lackluster.
But that is fine, that Lacklusterness is what it needs. The price of a “safe play” should be “lacklusterness”.

They shouldn’t “change” how the english in general played, as in, the landmarks and units they have are fine, and the way their units are also fine.

The core of the english problem is their immensly high production capability, thats on par if not better than Burger-palace and Mongol double production.

Thats need to be toned down.
And the way to tone it down is to 1: Nerf the production bonus from their landmark buildings. + 2: Slightly nerf their econ by just making their farms more expensive.

This wouldn’t change their composition and how they fight in any way. But it would force the english to be more considerate in their strategy.
It’s fine to a have a CIV with good turtle capabilities, problem is when they have good turtle capabilities and leaves you no room to breathe.
I.E. They have so high production that even if they lose fights they can make a very quick comback, and best of all, when they loose their aggresive army, they will have a new army ready to defend against the counterpush.

2 Likes