When will we be getting ranks?

I hope never, unless there’s a special ranked area for people who want that.

Playing AoE2 on Steam with ELO eliminates a lot of games for people who are either starting, have had a lot of bad luck, or have been targeted by other players trying to game the ELO system with dummy accounts and quitting so they can boost their friends’ accounts, or their other account.

I’ve had more people drop after the one minute mark to hurt ally ELO and help the other team than I’ve had legitimate games ever since I started playing again two years ago. But I keep playing there because unlike this game, I can at least join those games.

It may be time for me to give up on the series unless something is done to fix the ranking system.

I hope soon. Now its difficult to play a balanced game

Its necessary, the diference between a noob and an expert in aoe is huge. Literally an expert can kill 5 others players.

Actually instead I would like the idea of two tabs on MP. One named ‘Keyboard players’ and the other ‘Regular mouse players’. Or maybe even four to add ‘A little bit of both’ and ‘Diehards’ of course. :wink:

If no public rank than some hidden one is OK, like the ranking in Starcraft and Warcraft. All players create a search then the system tries to match similar players together.

Ranks would be nice indeed.

It’d be cool to easily see peoples playtime.

@“Fantome of Blue” said:
It may be time for me to give up on the series unless something is done to fix the ranking system.

There is a very simple fix: make the wins and losses public like it is on Voobly. This way “dummy” accounts with way too many defeats won’t be accepted in nearly any MP game.

@Totalste said:

@“Fantome of Blue” said:

There is a very simple fix: make the wins and losses public like it is on Voobly. This way “dummy” accounts with way too many defeats won’t be accepted in nearly any MP game.

I think this is a very good Idea and yes I’m only saying this, to get my 3 Comments.