Whether the rampart in aoe4 will be useless.s

i anxious the beautiful medieval walls,will be useless in aoe4.as useless as the walls of stone in aoe2.
I HOPE every thing in aoe4 will be usefull!

Walls in AoE2 are not useless, on the contrary, they are overpowered and used in excess.

i say the stone walls

You canā€™t wall with buildings in AoE4, so this will make stone walls very important unless you want to rely on palisades. In addition, siege equipment can be placed on stone walls; which are said to be extremely powerful but have a limited targeting field - so this can be used to cut off certain approaches.

2 Likes

not competetaviely, not stone walls.

only fence and wall?I am chinese.My english is poor.

Did the developer say that you canā€™t build buildings next to each other? Then I would be interested in whether the buildings have an accessible area within their construction area?

Buildings have a bigger building hitbox, meaning buildings canā€™t be close to each other but the unit hitboxes arenā€™t as big so you can walk between them. This is how the roads mechanics work

1 Like

If you take a look at this screenshot, featuring the building grid, you will notice that primary buildings have a small ā€˜no buildā€™ zone around them which makes it impossible to fit them together to form a wall:

6 Likes

Big thanks for answering my question. :slight_smile:
This kind of ā€œBuild Mechanicā€ was in my mind too and this screenshot with the building grid approved the speculating how it will work in game.

2 Likes