Which civilization are you most excited to play as?

English for the win. Range units is the deal

1 Like

:rofl: - Let me know the secrets mate!

1 Like

:metal: I hope there will be other ranged unit based civs as well.

1 Like

I like the dynastic system. A country can have several buildings and units in different periods. It’s very interesting. In addition, I also like to play with countries with firearms.

1 Like

I traveled to Mongol one time. I saw a girl wearing T shirt and pants sitting on a horse playing her smart phone, it is cool man.

1 Like

Probably a bit biased as I am English but keen to play the English :yum:, based on their civ specific buff where their units/ defensive structures attack faster for a short duration when near certain buildings im keen to see how that can be used in some form of creeping offensive.

You could build keeps /towers as you progress towards the enemy securing vital resources and apply pressure, utilising this buff as you spearhead your offensive and as the keeps build all the English units you could quickly adapt your unit composition on demand - keen to see if this is viable in reality.

The english also get men at arms 1 age earlier along with 1 more amrour upgrade meaning men at arms rushes could be a viable strat too. Men at arms + villagers with bows as an all in rush early on in the game, possibly in 1vs1 situations

4 Likes

Yes, I hope the same, it would be very interesting and more variety of troops and more

2 Likes

Vikings/nordics, spanish and celts/scottish/irish

2 Likes

Aztecs are my favorite and Vikings as well, Arabs as well

3 Likes

Most exited to try the Mongols, due to their extreme nature. How well Relic has been able to implement them, and make them feel like a natural extension of the gameloop with a broad spectrum of their own ( as opposed to a gimmick or one-trick pony ) will make or break AoE4. If they can pull the Mongols off this game has the potential to be legendary, if not then it’s likely the game will be yet another okay/decent but ultimately a bit awkward rts release.

2 Likes

It’s nice to see the community come together and share their thoughts on the upcoming AOE4 :slight_smile: .Keep them votes and opinions coming!

Haha, you’d better stick to AoE2 then mate!

Haha, nah. I hope the new game, I like the asymmetry and the variety.

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to playing the Rus

3 Likes

I agree! I’m excited to play as them too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A good atmosphere is nice. there are good topics to try to get more information :slight_smile:

1 Like

In Aoe2, my preferred are English and Mongols, so…

Ottoman Empire and France

I would like to see: Teutons, Templars, Hospitallers (Israel), Rus

1 Like

Those first 3 are knight orders and not really civilizations or countries.