Which civilization should be removed from AoE2?

Argument you gave for Slavs, holds true for Saracens and Dravidians as well.

I like to think of them as an umbrella for Lotharingia or Middle Francia. Them not representing the Dutch does make this feel weird, though.

If we consider current Slavs as simply Ruthenians, I think the only other slavic civs we can realistically expect at this point are Serbs and maybe Moravians.

I really donā€™t think Europe needs more civs. Even East Europe, which people try to claim is underrepresented, has 5 civs. Thatā€™s more than Africa, America and India. Just rename the current Slavs and stop complaining.

2 Likes

I doubt that any civilization removal is going to ever happen. Itā€™s unlikely to happen. So, this question just doesnā€™t seem to be right.

3 Likes

However, their medieval descendants are represented by some civs in the game: Cumans, Mongols, Tatars, and Turks

To what? Russians? How will look Dracula campaign then?

Burgundia existed separately (not even completely) for just 18 years.

Make a Romanian/Wallachian/Vlach civ. Thatā€™s the only new European civ Iā€™d personally want right now.
It could be bundled with campaigns for at least two other civs.

Itā€™s really not, but the Dracula campaign having to juggle between 3 civs (none of which accurately represents the character in question) for 5 scenarios is just absurd.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great. It means they have no reason whatsoever to be in the game. Would be a great addition for RoR, though.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I say to add Romanians to the game despite otherwise not wanting more Euro civs. They can take over the current Dracula campaign and the three civs you play as in it can finally get proper campaigns.

4 Likes

I mean, we got DoI out of that as well.

None. But especially keep Romans because I enjoy the pain of the salty haters who still complain about them.

3 Likes

Exceptionally based.

2 Likes

My vote goes to Gurjaras, purely because I hate the shrivamsha riders with their stupid recharging science-fiction forcefield. It makes no sense in a mediaeval game.

1 Like

Romansā€¦this civ bothers me. I donā€™t wanna vote for any civ, but Iā€™ve not still catch their consept for a game play. Infantry, scorpion, and centurion, how can I use them especially in imperial battle on arena or BF.

2 Likes