Which units, bonus, landmarks and technologies of each civilization deserve a buff/nerf/rework?

From your personal point of view (trying to argue), what would you change?

Civ X

• Unit X: Buff/Nerf/Rework because…
  • Landmark X: …

Or

• General Unit X: …

You have all the freedom.

Units

General:

• Mangonel: It’s overnerfed.

HRE:

• Landsknecht: Needs a buff or rework its purpose, way too situational.

Chinese:

• Zhuge Nu: Needs a technology in Imperial age to keep it relevant, biggest weakness is its range.
  • Fire Lancer: It’s mostly a cheese unit right now, should be more useful in combat.
  • Palace Guard: Weirdly designed unit, 20% movement speed boost is hardly worth losing -1/-1 armor when being armored is the point of MAA. If it stays this way it should have a slightly cheaper food cost or give it better stats than MAA with a higher gold cost (most fitting option). Also, the +30 HP tech should go to Castle Age.

Delhi:

• Tower Elephant: It’s quite good in Castle Age but trails off too hard late game, especially because certain techs aren’t affecting it.
  • War Elephant: Most of the time Tower Elephant is way better, any of these buffs would be good: increased armor, increased speed, another spearman on top, a camel-like debuff to surrounding enemies, or scary charge mechanic.

Rus:

• Warrior Monk: Increase the survivability as well as the blessing strength. I try to use this in my armies but it’s underwhelming even with the Abbey technologies, so not worth the trouble right now.
2 Likes

Well, that’s fine, but it would be nice to suggest what you think is the best way. Also write about landmarks and technologies if you feel like it.

English:

• Longbowman: needs to be weaker in Age 2 and stronger in Age 3. It’s just kind of a hunch but I personally think this is one of the main reasons why English have above 60% winrate in Age 2 and then immediately drop off in Age 3.

French:

• No clue, they have so many unique units… maybe they just have too many?