White mist when zoom maxed out

Btw, the game was never advertised with this artificial fog obstruction:

Where’s the fog in these promotional images? We are NOT able to see like that, not only because the camera is forever locked at a specific angle, but because there would be damn fog everywhere, and Im not talking about the fog of war of course.

5 Likes

Well, in the first one? :smiley:

I also think this is camera-related and a bug. If this was atmo fog, it would be more persistent and not only occur in the new zoom level. Therefore, the obvious reluctance to increase the zoom level makes sense. Overall I think the camera is locked for performance reasons. In all other Relic RTS, you could freely move it and this “distant haze” is a remanent from the engine, built for free camera setups.

But as you see in the promotional material, a change to the “max view distant” should be enough to hotfix this.

1 Like

Well if camera is locked for performance reasons, I should have option to unlock it if.my PC is capable enough.

And what is this? It wasnt locked in Company of Heroes 2 which is a more demanding game running on same engine, and it is locked here?

Back to the fog, yes, I do hope it is a simple bug, there is no way they designed game like this.

Hi there. I think I found a workaround for this.

The fog is only strongly present if you choose the graphical preset “low”. If you pick medium, there is way less fog.

Seems the devs implemented it so older hardware is able to run it. If you having problems with medium you could tweak the resolution.

1 Like

Hmm, Im on high graphical settings, not low. So those images I posted are high graphical settings in 1080p resolution. If that also matters, I cant imagine how much fog is on low, must be absolutely horrendous.

yeah , the tutorial is extremly foggy , i hope they tune that down a bit.

It’s not just in the tutorial lol, it’s everywhere.

1 Like

dont agree that much with that , tutorial is extremly foggy but this for example isnt it :
and its zoomed out

this is my french city

No, it’s not map/scenario related, it gets more intense if camera is on a hill.

I believe the hidden map/fog makes the game less enjoyable. Being enclosed in a dark circle really makes things feel small and the world less significant. It would be nice to at least have an option in certain game modes (Campaign, AI skirmish, Custom game modes) to have the fog removed. Just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to not be able to see past “50 yards” in front of a unit.

1 Like

Can you remove the mist / cloud on highest zoom level or when looking down on valleys from on top of hills? It essentially breaks my eyes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Bump this for the devs, why did the pre-release game look so clear and crisp compared to what is currently available. Highest settings, latest drivers, dozens of threads complaining about this foggy crap on the periphery of the screen when playing. Please give the option to remove this!

5 Likes

I think devs don’t realize this is an accessibility issue.

It must be a technical limitation of some kind, which means game was badly designed from the getgo. There is no way in hell they’d put this foggy mess in there just to annoy people.

When will this be fixed? I just checked today if it has been fixed yet but it has not. I’ve been waiting until this is fixed to play the game. Basically just remove the white mist/fog from around the edges when at max zoom.

4 Likes

Don’t worry guys, they will bring some expensive DLCS in which all these bugs will…

Not be fixed!

Lol

But the good news is, with these DLCS and the purchase of a 60€ AOE4 Beta Version, you’ll fund…
Some expensive managers hahahaha

Then maaaaayyyybe in the far future there will be an AOE4 DE Version, where at least some of the bugs will be fixed and we’ll have a far enough zoom out :slight_smile:

1 Like

This only really occurs in any big way in the campaigns though right? I don’t have a problem with giant mountains in MP.