Who else wants LAN support?

LAN would definitely be a welcome feature.

LAN would actually be the main way I would play the game if it was available. Please make it so :slight_smile:

I used to play AoE over lan with my dad or siblings and more recently I’ve been at 8 person AoE 2 HD lan parties and one of the problems we had was our internet connection wasn’t fast enough to handle everyone connecting through the server, lan would be greatly appreciated!
I know we’ll definately throw some more lan parties as long as AoE definitive edition is not $60 or something.

Also on the topic of Lan parties, I know starcraft 2 lets everyone access the DLC units if one person in the match has them, that would be pretty neat to have in this game since I was usually way more into starcraft than everyone else at the lan party and was the only one with both expansions, and I know I’ll be way more into this game than all of my friends :smile:

I would definitely have LAN parties! Yes, some people still do that. The difference now is that my kids can join in and start a second generation of AOE players!

I want Age of LANpires!

Playing in LAN was an essential part of the fun in the old days. We sure want LAN!

Original game required 1 disc / 3 players. 3 discs was enough for an 8-player match

Something like that in this version WOULD get me to buy 2-3 copies ASAP. (Or maybe they can have a special LAN Edition with this feature at slightly extra cost?)

@TakenAsh402 said:
I want LAN support too! Who is with me?

It would be very fun!! Sometimes you want to play with your brothers our friends

LAN support would be great!

We definitely need LAN support :smiley:

And why not make a demo version that can join (but not host) LAN games and that contains the original demo campaigns (Reign of the Hittites and First Punic War)? So, you can play with your friends and show them the awesomeness of the game without them having to buy it, but if they want to play online or skirmish or the rest of the campaigns, they need to buy the game.

+1 for LAN support

From a few leaks I have found of the menu LAN support seems to be currently missing. :frowning: :frowning: I really hope it is added for release because I LAN on the original game with my sister to play and get excellent support - needing internet will make this an inferior product! Please please please add LAN! I don’t always have a reliable internet connection.

@nottud said:
From a few leaks I have found of the menu LAN support seems to be currently missing. :frowning: :frowning: I really hope it is added for release because I LAN on the original game with my sister to play and get excellent support - needing internet will make this an inferior product! Please please please add LAN! I don’t always have a reliable internet connection.

We are not allowed to discuss leaked beta footage you may have seen!

I did read somewhere that officially the game will have LAN, but you need an account per PC. Personally I’d like if one account could create 2 guests Only for LAN multiplayer.

I did not know they didn’t have LAN support, but I hope they add it .

Aye, it would be good to have LAN support.

I second that

Definitely, bring LAN support back!

@Penelinfi said:
I did read somewhere that officially the game will have LAN, but you need an account per PC. Personally I’d like if one account could create 2 guests Only for LAN multiplayer.

+1

Even if it’s just 1 guest I’d be happy.

LAN all day

Ist ok when the online System is smart enough to recognize that all Players are on the same Router that it will use the LAN. I think that is the way Starcraft 2 works in bnet.