Who wants more Co-op Campaigns for AOE2? (Or does not?)

My friend and I enjoyed most of the co-op campaigns and would like to see more in the future, if that is even possible. I was just curious what others thought about them and if they wanted to see more? (or not). Cheers.

13 Likes

I would like more ā€œbattlesā€.
And by battles I mean specific scenarios of campaigns that are suited for coop (and not the entire campaign). Examples could be:

• Last scenario of Joan Dā€™Arc
  • 3rd, 3th and 6th scenario of Barbarossa
  • Last scenario of Dracula
  • 2nd, 3rd and 4th scenarios of Bari
  • Last scenario of Sundjata
  • Last scenario of Francisco de Almeida
  • Last scenario of Bayinnaung
  • Last scenario of Le Loi
  • 4th scenario of Ivaylo
  • Last scenario of Kotyen Khan
  • Many scenarios of the last 2 DLC would also be extremely good for coop (the battle of Grundewald in Jan Zizka for example)
3 Likes

I love co-op campaings! I even prefer co-op in skirmishes, iā€™m not competitive player i play relaxed games mostlyā€¦

3 Likes

If LoTW and DoTD get their coop campaigns then they could be The Grand Dukes of the West and Algirdas & Kestutis.

3 Likes

Donā€™t quote me, but I believe the devs intend on adding all campaigns to the co-op list.
The ones Iā€™d like to see in particular, however, are:

1. Edward Longshanks. There is a lot of potential for this admittedly easy campaign, as itā€™s just as easy to split Longshanksā€™ armies in two. For example, thereā€™s the secondary hero unit in the first scenario, the AI-controlled half of Acre in the second, and his eastern base in the fifth.
  2. Gajah Mada. This could be a little more awkward, but there is still incentive for the ally to replace the AI, like in the second and fourth scenarios.
  3. Pachacuti. Like Edward Longshanksā€™ campaign, Pachacutiā€™s has a lot of potential for army splitting. In the second scenario, the ally can take either one of the friendly AIā€™s bases, or be given half of the massive Cuzco. In the third & fifth scenarios, the main player can have control of Pachacuti while the ally has Apo Mayta and Vicaquirao. In the fourth mission, the Incasā€™ armies are split in half already, so thatā€™s simple enough.
  4. For Historical Battles, I can see Lepanto (the Greek ally who sends resources can easily be the second player), Manzikert (promotes communication when performing hit ā€˜nā€™ run tactics, or when sparingly spending tributes), Dos Pilas (could be an interesting challenge if both players have to retreat before choosing who to side with, or the ally could start with one of the besieged towns), and York (two players romping through the British Isles on a ludicrous map sounds pretty fun.)
3 Likes

Itā€™s an ā€œoldā€ topic, but just a message to the dev to encourage them, because itā€™s very fun to play Co-Op games with my friend ! Itā€™s a good ā€œmodā€, I hope they are going to add more Co-op campagns !

Bye

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m pretty sure Return of Rome will be an opportunity for new co-op campaigns, since we will most certainly get a new version of AoEā€™s campaigns.

I want a lot of campaigns and scenarios

I want a true co-op mode similar to SC2ā€™s co-op where we have progression and maybe in-game cosmetic awards. This is intended for casual players and a little bit of practice before entering ranked matchmaking.

2 Likes

Still a thing, the new campagns are very Coop friendly like the Ismail one.
I hope some new campagns will be created by the devs !

5 Likes

Love the co-op campaigns. Hope the devs are going to convert all the single player campaigns for co-op.

5 Likes

This is worth to point out too.

Pardon for somewhat bringing this thread from the silent, but worth pointing out most RTS players are casual based than competitive.

Balance should stay around competitive scenes, but itā€™s interesting if we can have good map designs, not only by officials but also reputable mapmakers too.

For cosmetics unlock, well I think itā€™s time to give past comestics a chance.

3 Likes

I just finished the last DLC and nearly every campagn is CO-OP ready ! Tamar and Ismail are very CO-OP friendly and Iā€™m sure it will be cool to add more campagns. I hope this request gets to the devs ! Thanks

3 Likes

Still asking for them, and co-op can be more than help each other, maybe we could do 1V1 campagn too !!

Itā€™ll be interesting to have multiplayer campaign.

That would be nice. Not many people play the Co-op on the lobby anymore.

The AoE 3 historical maps are something similar to thatā€¦

Historical maps are a map type introduced in Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition - Knights of the Mediterranean that features special objectives and mechanics. These are set up with special optional conditions (for example, limited maximum Age, which civilizations can be played, the starting resource amounts etc.) based on the most famous European conflicts of the Early Modern Era (16th-19th centuries). They can be played in single-player or multiplayer casual mode (except The Thirty Yearsā€™ War, which can be played in mutiplayer only).

Historical maps are not random maps.

1 Like