Why Age II: DE won't have POLISH language?!

Hi!

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition is coming out in a few days, but I’m still wondering about one somehow important thing.

Age of Empires is one of the most significant and one of the biggest franchises for Microsoft. Microsoft is one of the biggest publishers in gaming industry. According to Steam page, why Age II: DE won’t have Polish language?! At least with the interface and subtitles?

Language of country which is origin of games like The Witcher, Cyberpunk 2077, Dying Light, country which is one the biggest in the Europe with passionate gamers and game developers? Even at E3 you could see how many games and developers were just from Poland. Also, Age of Empires was on the most popular games in Poland in the past. Why Turkish and Vietnamese are more important? Is this really hard for this few developers to translate text in the game and try to reach more audience with that?

This is really disappointing…

Yeah, I’m surprised as well but I’m already so used to playing aoe in English that it doesn’t matter for me anymore.

Would be good for new players though.
From marketing perspective as well.

1 Like

It’s just business. Both Turkish and Vietnamese must have around ~90M speakers each around the globe, or more, I don’t know.
I am quite sure that they do not keep a grudge against your language…

1 Like

Ok so my reply may sound i bit idiot, but i checked the wikipedia ranking of spoken languages. Polish was number 33, vietnamese was number 17 and turkish numer 13.
I had a felling just like yours back before 2010, where games would have dutch, czech and hungarian official translations, but not portuguese, the 6th most spoken language in the world.
Almost sure someone will release a community translation, tho.
Edit: AOE3 complete collection does not have official portuguese. Yet it has official german and italian suport. Portuguese has more speakers than both together.
Not to mention chinese.