Why AOE4 is a total loss

The gloom mongers are in full bloom, I wonder if there will be doomsaying every patch.

I am disappointed with AoE 4, but it is not a total loss by any means. After playing the beta I was a underwhelmed and like eh is this game worth it. But I have found that Iā€™m liking it more after playing a bit. It has problems, but itā€™s not terrible. People need to stop being so melodramatic

1 Like

As for the map screws: Future tournaments can avoid this issue by using map seeds. Itā€™s not a big deal, I donā€™t think.

According to this post, some already are: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/map-generation-feedback-by-genesis-admin

1 Like

Oh good, theyā€™re way ahead of us. Yeah thereā€™s always gonna be a bit of a risk of this due to the random nature of maps in AOE, but thatā€™s part of the fun. SC2 maps get stale pretty quickly, IMAO. Iā€™m a big fan of SC2, but I always missed the randomness of AOE maps. You actually have to explore, not just scout.

1 Like

Hi @Daiginn, Relic is still the developer on Age of Empires IV. They work with Worldā€™s Edge on the project. There are multiple project teams working at Relic.

1 Like

Iirc they are working on CoH3 with Sega. If they have contracts with them-- they do kinda need to attend to it.

While everything you saidā€¦ Holds some weight, more than others, it doesnā€™t make the game a total loss. Iirc, Microsoft also has developers on AoE4.

1 Like

Since you are pushing this speculation across multiple threads:
Worlds Edge is managing every AOE Title, as it holds the Rights to the franchise.
But every Title has another studio working with them on it: Forgotten Empires (AOE2:DE), Tantalus Media (AOE3:DE) and Relic (AOE4)

3 Likes

His point 11 is largely meaningless unless they have specifically said theyā€™ve moved people around.

The game company I work at has over 5 different game teams with more on the way, thereā€™s no reason to believe that Relic only has one team so they canā€™t handle more than one project at a time.

2 Likes

I was trying to be respectful by saying that some have more weight than others. The others could be near weightless.

2 Likes

10 GIG upgrade? Holy ā€¦Roman Empire

376ish MB download on Steam.

Yep someone is lying in this forum xD

1 Like

It depends on if you are using Steam or Xbox for the game download. Steam is streamlined and has optimized servers. Xbox isā€¦ well, lets just say not as optimized.

Nobody is lying gamespass just does downloads/patches in a strange way requiring much more free disc space than Steam.

1 Like

Calling it a ā€œtotal lossā€ is indeed melodramatic and unwarranted, but a number of valid points still raisedā€¦

What annoys me here is that the game was released essentially unfinished, lacking a ton of QoL features and other options (ranging from minor to major), with a massive list of bugs, and after 2 weeks, all we have is a patch that fixes 5 things? Iā€™ve reported 3+ problems myself and did not get a response on any of them, except a comment I added to someone elseā€™s bug report. At least 2 of the things I personally reported could have easily been fixed in less than a day or two. The Bug Reports board has been flooded with reports, too. Iā€™ve seen plenty of other games in this kind of state push faster patches covering dozens of bugs on a regular basis, so this is pretty weak.

1 Like

I would not say aoe4 is a loss due to it sells quite good.

But dev respond is quite bad.

3 Likes

I agree with some and strongly disagree with others
CoH3 was announce before AoE 4 and even had an open test months before aoe
Yes, the unit counter works like ā– ā– ā– ā– , French Knights destroy spearman and the map sometimes itā€™s completely ruin for one of the players since itā€™s not fair how everything get spread or divided. One of my friends start with 4 relics next to him and I only have 1 in enemy territory (still manage to reach castle and steal 2 before he grab them)
The game lack a lot of main things that was possible to do in the previous games or in the DE. The basic one like WATCHING AFTER YOU LOSE itā€™s one that call my attention, or including something that makes more special the units from each Civ, I donā€™t feel at all the difference between unique units since they are just a little more upgraded that other Civs making them not standing out soo much like in AoE 2. Scoreboard in game, Random civ or choosing a color

The game has a lot of little things that make it feel weird or in beta state. Donā€™t get me wrong, I love AoE 4, but taking out things so BASIC out of it, itā€™s kinda stupid. I canā€™t even personalize a lot of things like they did on 2DE or the drop of frames in the Menu itā€™s a unconfortable thing

2 Likes

Is this some kind of cloaked ad? lmao

Im glad you found a game you both enjoy. Bye!

2 Likes

the game is unfinished and that doesnā€™t mean itā€™s bad, the point is, how long will it be finished, and what will they improve in the game?

1 Like