Why Did You Stop Playing AOE3:DE?

For those who have stopped playing but are still on the forums waiting for a feature or fix, what will make you come back to play with us again. I would like the player base to grow. Serious answer only. For those who are still playing, let us respond kindly to criticism.

3 Likes

I usually play AoE3DE but it takes a short time because performance sucked.

2 Likes

I tend to take breaks depending on how the AI is functioning. There’s been work on it for the last couple of patches with mixed results. Right now, allied AI needs help.

1 Like

my only problem with the game is the performance problems, the rest is ok and it’s going well and it’s getting better and better

I play against AI for earning the point of home city customization, and watch the PvP matches on YouTube.

The last customization options are few and expensive. To accumulate a lot of points to exchange for a small number of options makes me tired and bored earlier than usual.

4 Likes

en mi caso por que soy muy malo jugando y por que la gente es bastante toxica y normalmente no quieren jugar conmigo, lo cual es malo cuando el numero de comunidad del juego es muy bajo.

tampoco ayuda que cuando juego tratados, los enemigos al perder el primer choque de tropas, se retiran de la partida, 40 minutos perdidos para nada.

13 Likes

I have the same experience as a lot of people in this forum. I played against the AI, and a patch broke both the AI and performance. Back to AoE2…

I agree with you, I think it’s time to start punishing players with toxic behavior

4 Likes

Why not just play 1v1 ranked? You get matched to people of your level (after the first few games), nobody can kick you or tell you what civ to use etc.

2 Likes

It’s a really fun game, but after several games played I usually get bored because it kinda feels “more of the same” and uninstall it.

If I want to play some Age of Empires, I usually go to the other Definitive Editions because AoE nostalgia or AoE II has far more content and overall feels better with that smooth beautiful 2D graphics.

AoE III Definitive somehow still feels like hasn’t reached its true potential. The worst part is that I don’t even have an idea of how could it be improved…

5 Likes

I usually play casually, very occasionally, the reason is simple. The civilizations that interest me the most are not there or they are revolutions, in addition the constant changes to “balance” the game mean that I can never get used to a civilization because the tactics that I used previously may no longer work. :sweat:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the next civ is Broken/OP and can’t use it until it’s “balanced”. :unamused:

In case anyone is wondering what civilizations I would like to see added are Argentina, Brazil, Gran Colombia, Peru, Mapuches and perhaps the Tupis. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s a shame that you’ve run into a lot of toxic players. Most seem pretty nice on aoe 3 I’ve only ever run into a few maybe 5 or less that are just jerks. You get people who whine because that lost but that is about it

I did because it is boring when you main a civ and everyone hate is so much that it is overnerfed. Yes, I main Inca because I love them, they represent my land as a chilean and as an historian I love their accuracy.

I have left the game like 2 o 3 times because of that, the last time was 6 months ago, I last week I returned just to play with friends. We play mostly treaty 20 minutes, and that is just the mode Inca suck because the nerfs at 40nr and supremacy Inca strats, and my last time was that nerf and the Mexico nerf when I couldn’t go Maya at 20~22 minutes as before the nerf.

1 Like

If AOE 3 DE can add a game mode similar to SC 2’s coop commanders not just “coop historical battles”, it would be massive for casual players to enjoy.

2 Likes

Whats the difference between that and a teams game??

I like long team games on multiplayer with my friends but I struggle to get them to play because there are often crashes or network issues that cause someone to drop. A reconnect button would help Treaty and Team players to get back into the game. I’m glad the game has been getting updates though.

4 Likes

The game has a good longevity, there are various civilizations, maps and a lot of gameplay variety.

But the game is unstable. I sometimes see lags and crashes. I still play it with my friends (we really like this game), but it’s a little unpleasant sometimes.

1 Like

A lot. Just youtube starcraft 2 coop and you’ll see why it is the most played in SC2 even much more than multiplayer.

1 Like

I stopped playing it intensively because I went into AoE4 hype, and now after 6 months I play neither…

1 Like

Because Portugal is boring and unispired as a civ.

5 Likes