Why do people prefer short grunt-rush matches?

Aoe is a fast paced game. Bad players asking good players to go away? That’s funny

2 Likes

Exactly. The grunt/bum rushers are looking for a cheap win and continuing to reply means they agree.

1 Like

Calm down kid and wait for treaty mode.

2 Likes

When two players of equal skill are matched against each other it is likely that the game will go through all of the ages, even if there has been early attacks.

You must scout and counter your opponent or you will lose at all stages and that is definitely true early on in the game.

Preferring to play a certain way is one thing but labelling these types of attacks as grunt rushes shows a lack of fundamental understanding of the core concepts that the game is designed upon.

For example why do you think the council hall produces longbows at 100% speed… This will not help in the late game much when you should have 50 to 100+ military producing structures in a large team game.

Also a grunt is likely to be the unskilled player that does not understand the basic principles of the game and is unable to defend a rush and make it into the late game in any single game (sometimes you will lose to rushes). In a hypothetical army you would get sent in first as the meatshield.

1 Like

what u say is what u are

if unskilled ilegal rushing was the Olympics then this thread of the game would win gold in Beijing 2022. Healthy people use all parts of the game up to imperial.

Well to each his own preference. But I winning with a well planned rush build order that you have devised and practiced is a lot more fulfilling to me than winning a mindless 1 hour sim city game.

But I understand why people would prefer those laid back chill uncompetitive games where you max pop and max upgrade before attacking. Since I used to love playing that but now that I have been playing competitively I find those games too boring and requiring to less skill and planning.

whereas other people skip the other ages and only start playing at imperial.

1 Like

This makes you by your own defintion unhealthy, unable to handle an elemtal part of any RTS out there.

english is a great language because you can say things like i dont give a flying 4 letter word lol

Pretty active here for not giving a “4 letter word”.

1 Like

and you’re still replying thats the fun part lmao

As do you. Still not giving “a flying 4 letter word” or did you change your mind?

Pepsi is fizzy for sure

Welcome to my domain. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is the delusional way of thinking about RTS games. Yes long time ago before we reached what we’ve reached today ppl took this concept, but along the line players realized there is no reason not to win the game early on.

Players try to play the game efficiently and keeping in mind which allows them to have highest possible chance of winning. Not some lets not fight for 45mins mentality.

Harassment, quick wins, long wins etc all of this is part of RTS. If you cant deal that games end in 10-15mins then learn to defend against those rushes or play with friends and do that treaty thing.

Also when player gains more experience and is highly skilled and plays against other players like that they do know when its over even tho officially match isn’t over yet. If you lose 15 villagers out of 30 early on for something then its over unless player has like +3TC to catch up to opponent or large force which allows them to force a fight and do similar amount of economic dmg.

I rather play 10minute game and win than play 60minutes of game and have my ally leave the game. Which just today happened to me. Bad taste in mouth afterwards.

1 Like

Good people don’t do a bum rush and instead plan for and have long 4vs4 games to use all the features it was built for. Going for a 10 minute game is like intercourse. It shows a blatant lack of skill

2 Likes

Hell yes. XD

Some higth level elo just spam rush short game and leave if they do not win under a set number if time.

For them, it is worth to ignore good players and go figth easy target.
I know that not all higth elo players are like that, but there is alot. XD

For what it’s worth, don’t let people tell you how you enjoy Age of Empires.

I myself enjoy hour long battles against the AI in other age games, where I know I’ll win in the end as long as I don’t make a huge blunder. It’s to relax, not for competition.

In AoE4, AI is not really very good and I know I’ll win no matter what. So then it’s not fun.

I have tried some PvP in AoE4 and didn’t like it really because of a complete lack of chill in PvP.

So I guess you should wait for AI to get better and treaty mode to be added to the game.

1 Like

Multiplayer on aoe 4 is very chill compared to aoe 2.