Why do units look like they are made of Plastic or Clay?

More like clay, but I am ok with it. I play games for stress relief and not eye candy. So I have 0 problems.

3 Likes

You should take a better look. Trees are a visual wonder. The game already looked great without remastering it.

1 Like

I was meaning floor vegetation, rather than trees.its simply flat and oversaturated textures, at least in these shots.Which of course is oky afor a strategy game, but still.That part looks way better in age 4, as it should.

1 Like

I have to agree.

Iā€™m not too fond of some AoE3 grass textures.

Half of them are fine, the other half are ugly in one way or another.

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s intentional. In other words, a jungle is not the same as a savanna.

at leas in the shots and from what I rememeber, its flat though. which is my main problem :wink:

Is it really that hard to believe that people just want to play an Age of Empires game with the latest ground breaking immersive graphics?

6 Likes

no, but its harder to believe they wont play the game because the gpraphics style chosen isnt to their liking.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a difference between refusing to play and being disappointed. I am very disappointed with the graphics but I will still play it (thank you game pass). The effect that the graphics are gonna have on me will show mainly in terms of playtime. Ground breaking and immersive graphics would have definitely suck many more hours of game time from me that what we currently have, and would have increased my chances of buying future DLCs.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve played HD when there were games with better graphics but if you gave me a choice between HD and DE with the same patch, Iā€™d take DE. We just want more detail.

4 Likes

Because Relicā€™s engine is crap.

1 Like

I think he made a valid point to be honest this doesnā€™t look too far from the mongol

obviously this is a far more cartoony mobile game than AOEIV but its not far off from where we stand.

2 Likes

They made similar plastic looking thing to Dawn of War 3, people hated it and they didnā€™t listen.

1 Like

Imaging ruining DoW despite multiple warnings from the community, going full silent after releasing the game, and then moving on to ruining Age of Empires despite multiple warnings from the community.
Greate creative direction they have over there!

1 Like

the difference is that these buildings seem to be entirely 2d. Which means this game is actually closer to age 2(DE) than age4. At leats from the looks of it.
And from experience, such games focus on builidng cities and less on micromanaging hue armies, as opposite to age games.
I also think age 4 castles look nicer than what we see here, by far. not sure why though, probably becuase I dont like the comical style?
The houses look neat here though, but they look more realistic and fit neither design nor other buildings

This is a screen capture from a mobile screen, pretty sure if it had an in game capture would be better, as for huge armies and clay looking models like other complaints have mention I always point people to Total War Mobile series made by Feral Interactive

and

Yes, this is the main problem with the graphics, everything looks like Plastic. Dunno why the units are so low level in detail and everything bland, flat and plastic looking.

2 Likes

A lot of people donā€™t touch Age of empires Online just because of the style. (me included)

5 Likes

and again, ther eis no micro, just macro. Also this looks by far worse han age 4. beginning with the render distance and the bottom textures, ending with the graphics of units :smiley:
I assume its older though? because this has NOTHING of age 4 neither gameplaywise nor graphically

well, thats your loss then And age 4 probably with a reason did NOT use the comical AND minimalistic style AoE Online uses :wink:
because yes, that combination somewhat breaks with the series. But Age 4 is not minimalistic.