Why does the Multiplayer Party have to disband after every game?

I don’t know if I’m the only one that thinks this is pretty annoying but why do you always have to invite your friends again after you finished a match?
Is there a certain reason behind this e.g. helping to prevent queue drops or something?
What are your thoughts on this?
Please let me know what y’all think^^

8 Likes

This would be a nice improvement.

3 Likes

It was removed this summer because, as i already wrote like 2 times on aoezone:

They had to do it because previously you were always in the party, until you explicitly left it. So after you played a game you get to the main menu, but every party member was still in the party and host could queue. Even when the members were in the main menu or even start a single player game or a campaign etc. This caused issues, which ones i am not aware of, but I think game crashes were possible.

To prevent this, there’s now a system. that checks if everyone is in the MP screen before party host is allowed to start queue… Ah just kidding, the devs at DE just “solved” this by breaking up the party so you have to invite everyone again, choose map bans and civs again.

Also this was already in that patch and it “was fixed DE style” in the Summer Event patch rather than the Teuton event patch

4 Likes

Seems like a bad way to fix the issue. So i suggest to change this again to something useful.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer^^ Always good to know the reason behind something, makes it easier to understand why things are the way they are. So again thanks for your answer it’s much appreciated :slight_smile:

Idk seems like such a simple problem, all popular multiplayer games have party systems, they could just copy the functionality from somewhere else and everything would be fine.