Why doesn't Ethiopia get Halberdiers for free anymore?

Dude do you even know what you’re taking about? Faster firing has nothing to do with frame delay. It’s about rof and that makes ethiopians archer have insane dps. No offense but when you don’t know about these basics I don’t think you’re in any position to make these kind of suggestions.

9 Likes

at this point bland has proven he either is a troll or just doesn’t know what he is talking about at all.

7 Likes

took the words out of my mouth, and many others here.

4 Likes

What they are trying to explain to you is that the bonus doesn’t affect frame delay but reduces the time archers need to wait before each attack. So if a generic crossbow needs to wait 2 in game seconds after firing before it can fire again for Ethiopians it’s 1.64 seconds. That means for a generic crossbow you fire, back up for 2 seconds then fire again, well for Ethiopians you back up for 1.64 seconds and fire again so you get extra attacks within the same time which means more damage dealt. It doesn’t make that much difference if you don’t micro or against squishy units. In a archer vs archer battle it’s not that huge because archers die quickly so it doesn’t give the bonus time to shine, where it does make a difference is against tanky units, try setting up a test where generic arbalests are focus firing an Elite Battle Elephant and then run the same test again with Ethiopians you will notice the diference.

3 Likes

There we go, finally someone managed to explain it in a clear concise way that actually describes what the bonus truly means and does.

1 Like

Dude it’s both. I have no idea and tbh don’t care what battles you set up but increased fire rate will help with dps when fighting against knights as well as when microing vs other archers because guess what you need to wait less time until you shoot again. In both cases it’s about ROF and in both cases it has nothing to do with frame delay.

Yes these details might not be super easy to understand when you’re new to the game but there really is no need to insult people that even try explaining it when you have trouble differentiating between ROF and frame delay.

Btw for dps against say knights or so it’s basically 18% more ROF equals 18% more dmg. If you don’t think that’s significant so be it but I guess most people will say otherwise.

1 Like

If they know what frame delay is, surely they would be able to grasp that instead. I mean, the evidence so far might disagree, but if you can understand frame delay, RoF is a lot easier to get, so the bonus should be pretty clear, but for some reason it isn’t.

Well there is a difference between knowing a term and understanding the concept behind it. It’s easy to get a first impression by reading or hearing it somewhere but that doesn’t mean you can actually relate it to what it means ingame (as was observable in the post about frame delay).

As far as terms go though, Rate of Fire is definitely one of the more simple ones. It is literally the rate at which a unit fires. Seems pretty intuitive to me :smile:.

I guess so 11 But tbf in a certain sense less frame delay also means firing faster in a certain sense when microing units so I guess these things can still be confusing.

I found frame delay quite difficulty to understand at first, the term doesn’t immediately equate to the amount of time it takes for a ranged unit to fire their first shot.