Why dont put the bonus is deal versus shock infantery on every dragoon type unit? example cuatreros

Well it will be important if they ever decide to make another ERK-esque unit.

Considering all the changes to the game, its kinda amazing that we haven’t gotten another ERK type unit yet tbh.

The Maya Holcan Javelineer (the reworked Maya spearman) comes pretty close to an ERK unit.

I havent checked it out in detail but it seems to be a lot more useful now. It still only counters cavalry in melee.

No that unit is classified similar to a muskeet rather then the ERK, its similar to units like the ganscenya is rough design. It also has no shock infantry tag

1 Like

Ou! Thanks for clarifying.

Maya have too many musketeers haha.

It’s kind of silly that eagle runner knight isn’t tagged as “Light ranged cavalry” but it’s own special tag that foot archers and riflemen get the exact same bonus for.

After all they could be tagged with “light ranged cavalry” while not having the “cavalry” tag but the “shock infantry tag”/

While it would be strange but it’s not like Tomahawks actually use gunpowder or muskets but they’ve got the tags for them.

1 Like

well there are some actual design differences, not for the ERK but for shock infantry in general since units that counter shock infantry deal less damage to them then vs cav. its a design that has stuck for the most part and a bunch of units will need rework if we go in that direction

People actually use Shock Infantry in the same way of using Heavy Cavalry, and they also counter Shock Infantry like countering Heavy Cavalry. If I were the designer I would just let Shock Infantry be Heavy Cavalry, and add a note that they receive less bonus damage.