Why don't the destroyed buildings disappear?!

Yeah it’s extremely inconsistent how building debris and fallen units are treated.
If ruined buildings are meant to stay longer they should be improved:

• quality of the models and textures
  • smaller visual touches like smoldering ashes, light smoke, tiny sparks visible inside them, or black (ash) footprints of soldiers marching through them
  • differentiation of models, not only corresponding to the type of building, but also several versions for each of these types. So that, for example, the ruins of 6 stables would not look the same… It’s bad enough there is no building rotation.
  • some additional gameplay depth like a farming debuff, when a farm is build over debris. Let’s say for example -20% for 5-10 minutes. Gradually getting smaller with time, just like the models of the ruins themselves (contamineted soil with stone, pieces of metal, wood etc)

Or other- slower movement of units that march through them. I don’t think I have to explain why.
And on top of that- MUCH slower movement of siege units.

2 Likes

Would be fun to allow our units to use destroyed buildings has protection from projectile or make units slow down when they are walking on them.

It could give a reason about keeping destroyed buildings in game.

1 Like

At first, it looked strange to me as I am used to having disappearing buildings from Aoe2 but after thinking for a while, I think it adds up the dramatization of the game as you can see that a battle took place there, damaged everything and there are traces you can find on the battlefield. I think they need to stay or maybe after 3-5 mins they can gradually get buried into the ground.

3 Likes