Why is Monk trick still in the game?

how about you actually try killing the monk?

5 Likes

Building charging isn’t a bug? I think yes…

I see no reason to believe that a monks conversion were intended to reset when they switch target. Unless the Devs stated it’s a bug, it isn’t a bug in my eyes.

1 Like

All the other examples you mentioned either require very good micro and awareness(quickwalling) or a strategy/buildorder and most importantly, if failed they lead to major losses. If you fail a TC drop, you wasted a ton of res and idle time and probably Lost the game outright. If you fail a trush, you are on the same boat, if you fail quickwall, the opponent is insider your eco.

What happens if you fail monk tricking? Nothing…worst thing you lost a monk, but best case scenario your opponent has lost a castle if not the game. Seems pretty exploit to me. It also does cost very little to even attempt It, since all you need is a monastery and 100G

Not always easy you know if you are on arena for example where Castle drops and monks are common, your monk can be safe behind walls and cannot be targeted by scouts. So it’s not like you can so easily dismiss the situation

How does a monk deny a castle all by itself, though? Again, you can repeatedly click on the Castle, and you need to do just one click while the monk player needs to do however many villagers are present.

2 Likes

Its not a big deal really. People shouldnt whine about every single thing

Spam clicking and countering that is also skill/ strategy. We should stop infantalizing the game

1 Like

Monk player is far more likely to have military since a) it’s the defensive advantage so it’s closer to it’s base and faster to reinforce
B) has not invested 10 villagers and 650 stone in building a castle like the opponent

So it’s the monk gathering enough time to have a couple unit to deny the Castle for good.

But even if It wasn’t, the simplex faxt that a monk can use magic to force you to spam click is not justified by any mean. Other units does not run or move while concerted, only villagers. It’s a clear oversight that the devs did not anticipate

By that Logic, we would still have in the game mangonel delete trick, which infact was fixed as well because much in the same way, It wasn’t meant to function like that and It did not make sense

I mean… because they are literally “Villager” and not trained soldier. Villager also distracted when attacked by military. The difference is physical attack or emotional/psychological attack by monk wololo sound. You have to clear enemy military including monks when you want to task your villager safely.

I mean, even mangonel trick was also not unhealthy for the game that it was also sometimes used by pros. It was removed because dev want to fix Ratha which can be clearly exploitable by switching each mode. They didn’t remove mangonel trick before that point for 20 years.

And any player not trying for a Hail Mary likely has army as well, because who in their right mind thinks doing a 10 villager naked castle drop is ever a good idea?

2 Likes

Lots of pro players apparently. Especially on arena is something very common for early aggression to have a castle but no military or little military. And again, the monk can be safe behind his walls and laugh at your scouts

And a monk alone can’t deny the castle! Wow!

1 Like

It happens quite often on arena that you have map control with just couple of units and then build forward castle to pressure early imp. Even if you have army monks can delay the castle if they stay behind walls.