Why is nobody talking about the claustrophobic gates?

Well, i loved the clostrophobic gate.

One ram could stop enemy army, because of 3 defending units, that are attacking the ram and cause blocage to the entire enemy army.

I also had a few siege tower full of archers, ready to drop on enemy wall. ( ram was clearely not his attack priority, but the enemy army was in total mess.)

He even tryed to use siege to destroy his own wall, but he was horrified by no friendly attack.

Maybe keep the clostrophobic gate, but allow 2 close gate to merger in a biger gate.

It should be a strategic choice to have a litle gate or a big gate.

3 Likes

this is a great idea

Thatā€™s a nice idea! Always make a choice if you want just one gate or merge two to have a big one

2 Likes

This graphic was really good. Walls and cancel seem realistic with good textures and colours. I donā€™t know what happened.

We really appreciated your interaction here but i Think itā€™s too late: this game Will be launch in 25 Days.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not too late this game is going to be updated for years just the other AOE games. Nobody is going to not buy the game solely because of the gates so no biggie if they are not fixed for launch.

1 Like

My statement itā€™s not referring to the gate itself but to the Developers interaction with this Community.

3 Likes

i think that by the first time i do agree with you , also make the walls bigger.

I understand now :slight_smile: :grin:

The walls are fairly big , I donā€™t think they need to be any bigger

1 Like

Yes , I need them bigger , bigger gates requires bigger walls , also with the new zoom it would be great to make the walls bigger

1 Like

Come on, we do not need deep wall to suport big gate.

Buildings footprint are already a plague in age of empire 4.

Wider wall will give less space to put things in city.

If you look at the rest of the trailer, you see, that, if you want to keep your overview on large scale, these units almost become ants. Which is cool for huge armies, but not so much for a low (but autonomous) unit RTS.
I believe that is the reason. Even though it surely would have been an interesting choice if much more units were computable, that is.

No , usually you make the city first and then you fortify , bigger gates requires bigger walls!

I do like the look of the bigger gates. However, the walls were already a bit wonky in the stress test - adding gates that were more than 1 tile wide may have caused additional issues. If you can wall off part of the map with just a few sections of wall, you may not be able to fit a 2-section wide gate due to a glitch.

The Chinese gate landmark for Age IV for example is pretty wide and can only fit on certain sections of existing wall. Looks great, but might cause issues trying to build it if the terrain and/or existing wall is glitchy.

2 Likes

If people want a deeper wall and a deeper gate, maybe allow players to had a second row of wall and gate, that can merge.

3 Likes

I canā€™t see how it will be a long term issue.
At least the criticism is heard, thatā€™s important.

That would be an amazing solution! Very creative

Now that you mention it, it is quite difficult to stack walls in this game.
In AOE2 you could just build multiple rows of walls to build heavy defences.

That is because the walls are not meant to be stacked right next to eachother. AoE2 walls are veeery different