Why is there no 'map editor' in Age of Empires 4?

If I announce AoE V and I say a few months before release “oh guys it will be just the campaign, multiplayer and singleplayer skirmish will come next year after release”.

Do you think its then a complete game?

Are there plans to add a map and scenario making feature to the game? This was always my favorite way to experience all the little parts the game had to offer.

It also provided the option to set up custom campaigns with friends, and to tap into your creativity, which was always a blast!

Hope something along these lines gets added!

Side-note: if anyone loved this function as well, don’t be afraid to comment haha

4 Likes

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/aoe-iv-scenario-map-editor-and-creator/180022/2?u=abundantseeker

2 Likes

I also love the map editor, let our creativity run free. But yes it will be added later as for the mods … Let’s be patient. Developing a game is a lot of work, even for a studio that has experience.

1 Like

we get a unfinished game.

3 Likes

It’s just a work of progress. Anything beautiful in life always is.

1 Like

https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/aoe-iv-scenario-map-editor-and-creator/180020?u=abundantseeker

I read that they plan to add that feature next year. Though, personally, I would have preferred it if it were included at launch.

1 Like

Ah yeah I’m with you on that. But hey it’s something to look forward to, and better than nothing at all!

I can’t wait to be able to create stories but I’m also really worried that this might not be possible because there is too little editor info.
The game has a lot of potential to create amazing stories so hopefully that will be possible.
If a dev goes there and can say if there will be the possibility of creating our own campaigns that would be amazing.

1 Like

In 2022, they say there will be a map editor.

No information about what will be in or the exact date when it will be out.

I play mainly at age of empire for the editor I hope it will be released soon and not at the end of 2022

Teach me, lol. I have some stuff in mind I’d like to give a go. It would be nice to touch base with an experienced modder.

1 Like

its 2022 now, how much longer do i have to wait until i can make the map i have already drawn in my mind.

More like in september.

I can help you out OP. It’s not been added to the game yet but will come this year. Thank you :slight_smile: