Why is this gamebreaking issue since Update 36202 still not fixed yet?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: since build 36202 (still exists in build 37906)
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: Szebo210

:arrow_forward: ISSUE - GAME LAGS HORRIBLY ONLINE WHEN AI IS IN THE MATCH, BECOMES UNPLAYABLE, THERE ARE MINUTE SIZED DELAYS

This is an issue appearing for many players including me, and the game becomes unplayable whenever you what to play with the options I’ll list later. There is already a discuission since update 36202 on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/2/2260186248415575939/, but since the bug hasn’t been fixed since nearly 3 month, I’ll make a post here aswell. I think fixing this bug should really be the highest priority, since for all the players who like to play with friends online against the AI, the game simply doesn’t work. All multiplayer games work when there are only players in the game, but when we place even one AI, soon after the game starts it will start lagging horribly and there will be more than 1 or even 2 minute big delays. What is interesting that for each player the delay is not the same, for example while I see my friend’s score for example to be 500, my friend sees his score to be 700 at the same time. Another interesting thing to notice is that the game has crashed for noone who reported the issue on that steam bug report.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Host a multiplayer lobby
  2. Regarding the number of human or AI players, I haven’t tested much but in the steam discussion nearly all people tell how many human and AI players were in the game where they have experienced the bug.
  3. Start the game. After like a half minute you should experience delays, which become longer and longer as the time goes on.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiEWw2nQNZaypCmIdm_CgR6EqWNq?e=dGZjuT
I know that in this game we had the issue. However, when I open the replay in the game, it says finished replaying game 1 second after the start.

4 Likes

Maybe this means nothing but, just to mention, I remember something similar happening long time ago (1.0c AoE II), playing humans vs AI, we had to save & restore the game whenever the lag appeared (late imperial game time, like 40 min+).

yep i got this too but it can happen early game as well. they really need to first fix building spacing first to allow 2 spaces to avoid traffic, that way AI lag less too trying to move all units at once.