Why not make the game a little more serious?

…and historically accurate as well. Question: Those figures, are they spearmen or pikemen?

And that right rhere is why this should bd completely optional, client side only, and tied to no other confent.

1 Like

Confused. Are you proposing to make a third unit that will be similar to spearman/pikeman? If so, we already have Eagle Scouts for the Americas.

No. Im saying cosmetic unit skins shoild be

1. optional
  2. vlient side only
  3. tied to no other content (ie a dlc with unit skins should not have new civs or campaigns).

Because if youre confused about if its a spear or pike imagine others.
Now imagine with more then just the spear line.
Now imagine youre a new player or casual trying to figure out what is what.

Its massively confusing.

My way does the following.

1. those who want cosmetic skins can buy them, download them, and use the ones they want.
  2. those who dont want cosmetic skins can ignore them.

Literally everyone wins.

If you can’t identify which unit is a pikeman or a spearman at first glance that is the core problem with having historical or regional unit skins.

The units in the picture are pikeman variations.

1 Like

Exactly. By just having it be an optional client side dlc everyone wins.

3 Likes

Thank you. By the pike I kindof can. Wondering how spearman would look in those “costumes”? Personally, I am tired of seeing the same Vietnamese-style spearman in every civ except the Vietnamese (where the image belongs).

That guy is European with an iron hat,all unit models are based off french units.paladin is pretty obvious.

Yes, but spearman’s helmet look like like Vietnamese conical hats. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, of course a very good proposal.

The fact, that the units look like civilization specific, should actually have been introduced for a long time ago. With the now more than 40 civs in the game, the units can hardly be distinguished, especially not in the turmoil of battle, which is a pity.

I would love to see a next dlc about this theme, that finally does the correct graphical adjustments for each unit, giving the game distinctly more historical accuracy. Broadly seen, every other Realtime strategy game can do this, just not the developers for Age of Empires 2. The developers should become more active in this view, at least with an optional dlc, but I would be in favor for an introduction of a general dlc.

Do they…? I literally only buy the DLC because of the campaigns, but are people buying it because of it…?

If you make a pure campaign DLC, will it sell as well as they sell now…? The same question for selling new Civs with nothing more.

Yes, just like it works now.

So they make more money. Everyone that don’t play campaigns are forced to get something they don’t want when they buy the DLCs. That’s the entire point of the bundle strategy.

The game still have more than 15GB size. An DLC add 1% to the size.

Just see how much space the DLCs take, everyone is forced to download it and it have skins for new architecture, unique units, heroes, etc…

Can you choose for what thing you want to download the enhaced graphics?

1 Like

But if you want to play rhe campaigns you need the civs. I dont need skins to play campaigns or new civs. Big difference.

Not really. dlc now come with civs and campaigns for them. Campaigns are more or less iust introductions to the civs.

Except in a game like aoe2 you except campaigns when you buy a dlc. I dont expect single player content when i buy skins in other games.

And considering its not the only game i play id rather not be forced to download something i dont want.

Yeah but again thats wxpected in an rts dlc. Know whats not? Forcing people to download unit skins they dont use that are OPTIONAL.

No. But if i dont want to use enhanced graphics im not required to download it. So why should i be forced to download cosmetic dlc?

Do what?!? Are you a bot?

What? I don’t get it…

20char

I accidentally posted to the wrong forum as my time ran out. Sorry about confusion.

I’d like future campaign dlc especially if it’s as good as the Dawn of the Dukes maybe at 4.99 each or less.

Slaves? Cool idea for a mod, but if i don’t have army or even a couple of scouts then how would i make more vills to get more resources to make more units to make more vills? It’s a coursed cycle :crazy_face:

1 Like

Me too. I see coolness in Dawn of the Dukes and Dynasties of India. Just not Lords of the West. That one should be completely reworked from scratch.

Don’t we have villagers for that?

Someone could tell me why Lords of the West have a higher price than the other 2 DLCs ? What special about?