Why the (online) interface of DE should be improved

online legacy was really really bad, only discord is good, whisperers are never stored, and doesnt have read checks like whatsap, either on elgacy nor today.
of courses online social can be better inside the game, but discord do the work too

We dont need a flashy friends system in UI. Just need a functional one that is usable.

Experience of tabbing out to an external app is a bad experience. To add a friend on discord feels like you have to ask for there social security number to add them.

Also in legacy, just being able to see straight away whose online in the UI just makes me feel good. At the moment, i feel isolated.

Other things Legacy trumps DE is the lobby. Casual lobby is just bad. Not being able to sort by game slot, it defaulting to closest region, hovering over a players flag to see rank doesnt work half the time, not being able to see players deck, not being able to navigae around while queueing, not being able yo search a player etc…

DE in terms of functionality feels like was created as the original and legacy is the new verson

8 Likes

i never liked seeing other players deck, it was like cheating and also it made matches start until they check it all and made a counter deck, waste of time

@tantalus_dev_team @fe_dev_team
Please devs, add the possibility of checking connected friends. It makes no sense to hidden it after sending invitations.

It will avoid wasting time, specially on treaty

8 Likes

So that both of you can see each other’s decks it is not considered cheating but if you can’t see it and the other player does, it means cheating. By now I’ve got used to De not being able to see other players’ decks.

It’s time to ask for a feature like this but it definitely doesn’t matter to the developers of it. It was also asked to modify various menus such as the main menu and new features on decks.

Yes, maybe I am not much affected by the lack of ESO, since in the original I played skirmish only…

I hope an upgrade in this regard for spring update

1 Like

There was a better mockup in other topic

If you mean images on interface I think it’s still in this thread but more above.

I’ve been hoping for it since 2020 and I still don’t see a single change, I think it would make many people happy if it happened. Remember that the cover makes the book, a beautiful and quality cover becomes more attractive and not a cheap and obscene one.

1 Like

It’s a totally shame that in 2023 you can’t leave a chat message to your friends in this game. The interaction, the clans, the game lobbies, all feel uncomfortable and outdated.

Definitely an improvement point!

6 Likes

Theres still 80-700 of us TAD players online at a given time. I don’t play aoe3de mainly because of the bad ui.

Also we like to host 3v3 decan or 2v2 great plains a lot of the time. Quicksearch in de sucks just like in 05/06. Also love the military ranks/power rating to split players

Last time TAD had 700 players online was two years ago on January 30th, 2021.
These days it can hardly hit 200 at peak:

5 Likes

eu tinha feito um post muito parecido com o seu a 2 anos, sinceramente eu não acho que eles vão melhorar nada o maior problema e não ver os decks do jogadores

Thank you @MCJim1234 for this great post. I am still in disbeliev that the online interface lacks the bare basics. I add someone as a friend. And my benefit from that is … which? I mean should I randomly invite them, hoping they might be online? Do I have to make an appointment like in 2005 before we had smartphones? Who the h*ll thought of this?

4 Likes

Did anything change yet? :neutral_face:

I hope they work on this after our complaints in order to create a proper one for AoMR

1 Like

I made another thread.

Glad someone wrote this post, the original post especially.
It’s not nostalgy, it’s simply “what works” against what doesn’t work (AOE III DE) UI is a mess, it doesn’t work, it is limited, it doesn’t offer crucial services …

It’s like the game developer decided the game to autocannibalize itself.

The players bought multiple copies too in order to have second third account.
This stuff infests the Matchmaking creating a “noob bashing” system that damages the experience because it’s filled with smurfs too.
Due to the structure of Steam you can have multiple accounts to hide who you really are.

But regarding ui, I made a list everywhere mentioning what is missing. It’s just incredible this project has become a profit making only vehicle and not the work of art and passion for RTS and the community of strategic players…

No online status
no in match status
no log messages sent to offline players
no player search
censorship of names!pfff crazy! really
Multiple copies and accounts to smurf anybody and destroy balance
matchmaking only, and NO RATED ROOMS for supremacy allowed!
Serious design for casuals, no interest in competition
No rec games reliable system, often they go OOS (out of synch) or just break after a patch
Tons of drops during matches (rated) players go down
Many low level players get in your team and it’s hard to play with people who make mills at II age or no army before 30 minutes… game is finished after 10 minutes.

You have to be frustrated by a system that forces people who want to compete with points to play with people that care zero for winning or competing at high standards…

Like this the entire atmosphere is casualized, …

More stuff that is missing?
Clan members visibile (optional)
Order filter rooms in lobby by MAX amount to reach not on how many are in a room:
we seek games based on how many are playing against each other and the filter doesn’t explain that… but instead sorts the rooms based on how many players ARE IN!

The settings of a game aren’t clear at all when we enter: if you go in ESO the settings WERE IMMEDIATELY clear: what kind of game it was etc.

Here instead the interface uses capital letters, it’s UNINSPIRED as it uses a Yellow golden color, and capital letters instead of italics… the back ground is low quality despite the game is a 54Gb game!

it’s incredible how bad this game has been designed. I think I just witnessed the worse game I have ever played … and I am sad as I play games since 90ties not only on PC and I do also else and I have enough experience to say we are really scratching the barrel if this is stuff that can get released.

I read what some people wrote… I am happy I am not the only one to understand these things. I thought people were really gone. Educated where all absent. How can people not see that and protest?

What this guy writes as a few others: https://forums.ageofempires.com/t/why-the-online-interface-of-de-should-be-improved/184122/23?u=m4rhx

Is exactly true and is the SAME EXACT stuff I feel and understand.
How can one be barred from friends … u just have a DEAD list, u don’t know who is who, what they #### # ### closes the other… it’s like the worse experience I have ever had.

Ok Anyway … i think it’s time to uninstall now, they have really pulled it too much as people say here: “the rope got ripped.”

1 Like

The fact there are these “players” around explains how much work needs to be done by some before understanding what they are saying, doing, playing, and how immature is part of the gaming community.
It’s not about having “a different perspective”… naah… this stuff is like supporting games to be degraded and worse and worse, or maybe it’s an agent for discord as maybe there is a contract between microsoft and discord in order for the game to boost the use of discord so they do it on purpose to force people to rely on external specific tools.

Anyway these “players” and the devs including the producers “do not understand” that by doing this they build walls between players, they damage people most precious resource: time.

it’s incredible really incredible how they can’t understand that these services and tools are crucial and it’s not about being nostalgic!! it’s not just like embellishments: it’s crucial stuff that allows a player to launch a game, seek for another team mate, quickly understand who is there and who can join…

Now it’s a fair of “alt tabbing” multi tasking.

It damages the eyes, the brain, the game stability, it saves money for them to not invest in better design, better servers, … in 2023 no Hypertextual navigation of the UI is allowed… Are you KIDDING ME?!

We need to be able to open multiple tabs (it was possible in 2006) and now… now you show you haven’t studied nothing, you don’t respect the past, and so you now, are just nothing, because if you don’t know the past you are just dust.