Why there are no new events until now, such as the lunar New Year event?

Both aoe2 and aoe4 have new events, only aoe3 does not, are you planning to give up the maintenance of aoe3?

5 Likes

In spring a big update is coming with a giant Event!

On the other hand, I ask you to be patient, at the moment the developers have their hands full with several projects, recently the new AoM and the new DLC of AoE2, plus the seasons of AoE4 have been added.

To make the situation worse, it is seen that Microsoft has been laying off staff, if the devs do not give us events it is not because they gave up, it is that they do not have enough hands for everything.

12 Likes

This kind of small events will not take up much time of devs, but they just don’t want to do it. If you really don’t have time, you can change the UI of last year’s event and put it in this year. It’s just that I don’t want to do it. What is the relationship between the new content of aoe2 and aoe4 and the devs of aoe3? They are obviously made by different people.

6 Likes

In fact, it is a job that takes time (otherwise there are 80 bugs that take twice as long to fix) and on the other hand, several devs work on several things at the same time, not just on a specific game, vividly for example, has created some AoE4 maps.

You trust our beloved devs, and I can assure you that you will win, just be patient!

5 Likes

Might as well think they wasted too much time on the stupid decision to make aoe2 log into the xbox console.

6 Likes

Yes, also the Chinese New Year will arrive this Sunday, and just as they did last year, they will put the Chinese New Year event again for a month while waiting for the spring event in early April…

4 Likes

considering the jan patch was supposed to be in december but had to be delayed, its no surprising that there probably won’t be anything this year.

2 Likes

I thought there’s a separate dev team for AOE 3? If I recall Forgotten Empires work only on AOE 2 DE and AOE 4. What is the source that the upcoming spring update is coming with a giant event? I don’t think the layoff by Microsoft has to do much with Xbox Gaming Studios/World’s Edge Studios or otherwise as stated.

Exactly I hope it has a good ROI by investing into console.

2 Likes

FE works for AOE-1 2 and 3 (definitive editions). You can see the logo when starting the game.

In fact AOE-3 requires more work than AOE-2 and has received more content than all the other AOEs combined.

5 Likes

Just have patience my dude. As Rifleman said, this game gets tons of support and requires more work than AOE2. There’s a large event promised and likely some sort of DLC this year (maybe not civs, but explorer skins are almost guaranteed). There’s already been a patch this year. And, frankly, we’re not entitled to an event. I personally am thankful that the game continues to be supported at all, let alone still getting events.

3 Likes

They also work in the new civs of aoe 4 aka the Ottomans with “visier points” (decks of cards) and military units that are automatically created and the Malians with “open pit mines” (Ethiopian mountain monasteries) and corrals that produce food automatically (Mexican haciendas)…

1 Like

I don’t really know how they are organized, but usually the devs work on several things at the same time, or that’s what they told me.

Yes, they affected a lot, all areas of Microsoft in general.

1 Like