Will AOE 4 have funny cheat codes as all other AOE games?

Well i hope so, maybe we will see Cobra Cars or Lazer Bears in full resolution… any ideas for new ones or diferent opinions?

3 Likes

I never actually thought about it, but it surely will. Although nowadays its seldom used, I think cheats are a very important pillar of ages fun. I remember my first cobra car. My mom actually told me to use ctrl c and v after i asked her to type "how do you turn this on " ten times xD(she works with computers so back in the day she typed much faster).
Also george crushington, huge fun :smiley:
Although nowadays finding cheatcodes is far easier than back then. When I started age 2, it was hard to find out if a code was for ae 1 or 2, or if it even worked. Game journalism was much much less professional back then :smiley:
Anyways, I am unsure which cheats we will see. If there is weather or similar in the game, maybe we will have “walking on sunshine” as a code :smiley:
Im very interested to see if we will get codes and which they will be :smiley:

4 Likes

Finally someone is asking the real questions.

Especially the original Age of Empires is famous for it’s cheats.
It has more cheat units than any other AoE despite having less units over all.

I had to teach that to my mother and about 50 other people over the course of my life.

6 Likes

to be fair, I was around 8-12 at that time :smiley:
but it also was my entry to pc gaming in general so one of my favourite storys now that I work in the field^^

1 Like

I was around that age, maybe 8, when I started playing AoE2 too but I played AoE1 first.
I remember having issues typing the long cheat names of AoE2 compared to AoE1.
I didn’t know any english so half of those were random words for me.

1 Like

I started too to play AOE2 at around that age, i remember that i have lot of trouble because of the cheat codes, english is not my first lagnuage, and i could not speak it when i was 8 or 9 years old… hopefully i could only write I R WINNER because i was not able remember the others hahaha

2 Likes

I hope so too, for old times sake. Funny cheat codes were a nice little touch. These days they don’t add them anymore.

2 Likes

I hope they do. I like to cheat in Hard mode singleplayer. And I am not ashamed.

2 Likes

As we have seen in the AOE 2 DE, they added new cheats even during some events. So it is almost sure they will add cheats.

PS.: I am not sure if there is any RTS out there without cheats. :smiley:

2 Likes

I think th emost recent ones, mainly by indies, may not have them. but then again, I didnt check

1 Like

Do anyone have bad experience with cheater host. 20 to 30 cobra car ruining your base. Annoying.

1 Like

Always must cheats be deactivated in PvP games.

In your case, at least the opponent made a cheat which you could detect. That was kind of him. You have to admin it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe you are right. I don’t search it usually. I just had the opinion that cheats about resources or remove fog of war (easy cheats that not need anything special to be made) were in every RTS but who knows… the truth is out there.

2 Likes

Other RTS series dont use cheat codes anymore, thats why i ask if they will be in AOE4. For example, the total war games stop using them since empire total war, and that was in 2009…

3 Likes

not sure if they really dont have them, or if they just dont show them anymore. Usually I think cheatcodes were made first for testers to be able to test certain scenarios, and to have some fun :wink:

of course nowadays testers can simply change the values while testing, no need to enter cheats, I assume^^

2 Likes

They use. For example I sow in rome total war:

• add_money 20000: Adds money to your current funds.
  • add_money 40000: Adds money to your current funds.
  • bestbuy or gamestop: Units are 10% cheaper.

(although i hadn’t into mind the total was games because in my opinion total war counts more as Turn base strategy instead as RTS. ( the development is turn base and the rts part is without be able to make new units so in my opinion it is a tactical strategy game and not a rts depside how they name it. )

2 Likes

After Medieval 2 Total War their devs stopped the use of official cheat codes in their games… that is why i made them an example.

2 Likes

I extracted the cheats they have hidden. Made a reddit post, there are heaps more but most crash the game.

Tiger tank from.company of heroes :smiley:

Holyshit, YEEEEEEEES.

Please Relic.
Get us a Comic for the England and a Tiger for HRE.